Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Personal Email option on 8350i?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Personal Email option on 8350i?

Greetings.

I picked up an 8350i today and after 7 1/2 hours and two phones later, I am live on the iden network.

Ok hereis myissue;When I choose "Email Setup" from the wizard,I get only the "Enterprise Server" setup option. The Basic Guide Book, says that thereare twooptionsthe aforementioned and "BlackBerry Internet Service Option" and that, I can set up to "10" email accounts when I choose this option.

This option isn't there: "BlackBerry Internet Service Option"

Any way to correct this issue?

Things I've tried are:

Soft and Hard Resets

Updating to the latest Software Build

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

On my 8350i I can go into the Setup folder and then choose Email Settings. It asks me to login with my username/password that I created the first time just like on the CDMA side. After that I get easy straight forward screens.

I never use the first time setup wizard since it has different screens that never seem to show you what you need when you need it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

H, thanks for the suggestion/info. However on my device and firmware, the setup folder takes me to the same screen as the wizard, with the same results; Asingle choice of: "BlackBerry Enterprise".

I'm beginning to consider that, I may have, defected equipment and or programming.

Highlighted
Master

Hmm I'm not sure then. I'll upload some screen caps in a little bit walking through my steps. Have you gone to http://nextel.blackberry.com/ and setup a BIS account there? It is an alternate way to do it if the device won't let you.

EDIT: Here are the screen caps I got.

The Screen within the "Setup" folder with the Email Setup icon.
Photobucket

After selecting the Email Setup icon.
Photobucket

After logging in, since I already had a username/password I setup. Note that before setting up my email on http://nextel.blackberry.com/ it automatically took me past this screen.
Photobucket

After selecting Email Accounts.
Photobucket

Message Edited by halcyoncmdr on 03-23-2009 12:34 AM

Highlighted

Kevin, if you don't mind, can you PM me how you did those screen captures from the 8350i? I'd love to be able to provide something like that elsewhere.

Highlighted
Master

Had a customer come into the store today with the same issue. Apparently they've had a lot of people call in recently with this same issue, and they aren't sure what it stems from at the moment.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is like this too. I was told by tech support that they cant figure out why it isnt on all phones. They advise to go into your browser and go to bookmarks and personal email setup is in there.

Highlighted
Master

You can also manually type in "nextel.blackberry.com" in the browser and it will redirect you to the correct site as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you guys find any answers as I have the same issue no option for using personal email only option is in the setup wizard tells me a I need a pin from whoever setup my accounts or administrator which I guess is me since its a personal phone. i was looking at the posts but in the setup icon page I dont have the email icon or that last one whatever it is. My phone only has the setup wizard, bluetooth and wireless icons nothing else and I have updated the software weekly as it comes out but no email icon???

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat