cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages, but all other incomings work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not receiving text messages, but all other incomings work.

A couple weeks ago I stopped receiving text messages, but outgoing ones are delivered. My camera lens was also cracked, so I took it in to Best Buy mobile and had them replace it on my insurance. During that time I had a loaner phone (Lg Seek) and text messages worked with no problems. After a week I went back to get my new (or refurbished) phone. At first (for a couple hours), texts were working again, but then AGAIN I stopped being able to receive them. My phone has no problem receiving emails, facebook messenger, or incoming calls, but for whatever reason, text messages just don't come through - but mine go out.

I have tried rebooting, but nothing.

My phone is a Motorola Photon, and I am on a family plan with my boyfriend- and he has no problem receiving or sending texts.

Otherwise I absolutely love the Photon and would hate to have to get a different phone, so if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Not receiving text messages, but all other incomings work.

A software update was issued recently that fixed this issue.  Make sure your software is up-to-date.  If an update is available and you install it, you should see this problem go away.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat