cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Photon

Journeyman

Problems with Photon

I recently upgraded from EVO to Photon 4G. First week was amazing! Now it seems to have gone crazy. I keep getting codes error COMM_FATAL and Mobile IP address errors. I have alwats had HTC phones, and wondering now what is the problem, and did I make a mistake? Please help!

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Problems with Photon

What are you trying to do when this error appears?

Journeyman

The IP error just popped up, and the COMM_Fatal came after I tried to update the PRL. Thought doing any available updates would help with the IP error, but I just got a new error message. No support this late, I tried calling...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your best bet would be to do a manual activation of the phone... seeing as how my answer is 2 months late, I assume you found your answer?

Journeyman

I've actually kind of given up. I'm very dissapointed in this phone. I'm still getting all of the same error messages, the IP address issues, and now I'm not getting texts or vm's until I go in once every few days and reseet my phone. I go to Sprint they say it's fixed, and then it happens all over again. The salesman who sold me this phone assured me it was a better fit for me than the phone I wanted. I used to feel like Sprint was amazing, and since this phone I'm not so sure. I don't know what else to do, and it upsets me that I am stuck with it. I am in a business industry where I depend on my phone as much as my laptop. I've thrown in the towel, and I wish Sprint had someone who would listen and help me.

Journeyman

I had the same issue, I replace my Photon with another Photon and its been good.  I'm guessing there may have been a bad batch of Photon. 

The Sprint stores couldn't help, I called Sprint service number and was able to get a phone swap.  I never know exactly what they did at the Sprint stores other than tell me what they've tried.  Maybe try call Sprint service number and have them actually walk you through the factory reset and reprogram....it couldn't hurt.

It may take up to an hour on the phone, but you'll at least give a last try.  Good luck.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat