cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the Motorola i776w

Patron

Problems with the Motorola i776w

Hi, I have posted before about my phone, which is the Motorola i776w.  This is the worst phone I have ever owned!  

I have waited for 2 months to get my replacement phone for which I finally received about 2 weeks ago.  So far so good with the camera working,

but I have encountered the same email issue as before. 

It worked fine for about 1 week then started acting up again.   When I click on the "Sprint Mobile Email" link under Java Apps, I am getting the same error message as before.  It wants me to enter my phone number again, then once I click "next", I get the error msg. of "Sprint mobile email error, Please try again (S7110)".   This is what happened before and I cannot even get my email through the other link of "Email and IM".   I am so very frustrated

since this is a brand new replacement phone!!!!! 

I am getting so fed up with the lack of help when I email or call too.  No one can seem to be able to help me with this issue.  When I email, they tell me to

call and when I call, they can't help me there either!

What am I supposed to do now?  This is a replacement phone of the same model and I want to get another type of phone with all of the features of this one but I don't think that I should have to pay for it since this is of no fault of mine.  If no one can help me get this fixed even when I visit a Sprint store,

and no one can help me over the phone nor email, just where am I supposed to turn now?  I have been with Sprint/Nextel for over 12 years

and have never encountered so many problems during all those years until now!

I have 3 phones on my account and if my husband didn't rely on the Direct Connect so much, I would seriously consider changing to a different provider!

Let me know if anyone else out there has had problems with the Motorola i776w.

I would like to know if you've had any similar issues.

Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Problems with the Motorola i776w

who is your email provider???  do you need to input the incoming and outgoing server settings??

Patron

I am using Yahoo since it's available online & can be accessed from anywhere.  I have used this replacement phone for about 2 weeks without any problems accessing it from the "Sprint Mobile Email" link under "Java apps" until yesterday when it quit working.  I have never had to enter the server settings.  If you could help me with this, I'd appreciate it.  Maybe that is the problem, I don't know.  Let me know what I need to do in order to enter that specific information.   I may not be on here later, but I'll be sure to check back tomorrow.

Thanks Jim,

Tracy

Journeyman

Sometimes this work around will work better.  I tried it out on one of our phones here and it worked great.

Press the E-Mail icon (in the JAVA apps)

Choose OTHER IMAP for your account

Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password and press ok or next

For "Incoming Server Settings" change the IMAP server to "imap.mail.yahoo.com" and then press next

For "Outgoing Server Settings" change the SMTP Server to "smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com" and then press next

You should start receiving email

Leave all other settings as they are.  I hope this helps you out and you have no more email problems.  Going forward if you have to stay with Nextel (try Sprint!!) this is going to be an interesting phone:

http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-motorola-i1-iden-android-phone-sprint

Happy emailing. 

Let me know if this helps

Patron

Hi Jim,

I went to the Java apps and to the email but the only link there is the "Sprint Mobile Email" and when I click on it, it just tells me to enter my

phone number which is already pre-entered.  There is no where for me to choose the "other imap" option.  If I click on the menu button,

I get the options of "symbol or exit".  Same if I go to the regular "email & IM" option.  I don't see anywhere to enter what you are suggesting.

Please let me know where to enter this, as I cannot find it! 

Thanks,  I appreciate your help.

Tracy

Journeyman

Go in to Sprint mobile email, sorry if I wasn't clear.  There is where you will find the other IMAP header.  Can you go in to mobile email?  It kind of appears that you cannot by your post

Patron

No, you were clear enough for me to follow your directions.

Once I go into "Sprint Mobile Email", the only option I have is to enter my phone number.  There is no other link or place to go where

you are suggesting.  Plus there is no way to enter anything in that box except numbers.  If I click on the menu button, all I get are the options

for "symbol or exit".

If I click on the Sprint Mobile Email and NOT open it up and click on the menu button, the options I get are "License Info, Deinstall

and Permissions".

So now what? 

Thanks for your input.

Tracy

Journeyman

If you enter your phone number and then press the ok button does it allow you to go forward or will it not let you move forward beyond this.  I had to enter my phone number when I tried it out last night.  Press ok and see if goes forward.  If not try this:  go in to the main menu and then in to settings.  Go to advanced and then to master reset.  This won't hurt you phone I promise.  Choose Master reset and then enter 000000 and press ok until your phone resets.  You will get several warnings, but again this will not hurt anything on your phone.  After you do this, if you need to, try and do the email thing again.  Here's to hoping this works

Patron

When I click on "next" I get an error message, which is what happened before to my other phone before I got this replacement one.  The error

message says, "Sprint Mobile Email Error   Please try again. (S7110)

This is the same thing that happened before.  My email worked fine for about a week and a half then started this crap again.

I just don't understand how it can work fine then all of a sudden start this!  It is so frustrating, as I'm sure you can imagine.

No one can seem to make heads or tails of this error message either.  No one at Sprint nor anyone at the Sprint store.  I took it there

when this started with my other phone and they even called their tech support people to no avail.

Now what?

Thanks,

Tracy

Journeyman

I have a Sanyo Katana phone and am experiencing the exact same problem that Tracy is.  And like Tracy, I am using this old phone after my blackberry broke until I can replace the blackberry.  I set up the Sprint Mobile Email which was working successfully for the last week.  Out of the blue yesterday, I received a "push" notification asking me to verify my phone number.  It was listed correctly, and I clicked Next. And I get the error message s7110.  I'm on the phone with Sprint right now and they don't have an answer.  They have to open a trouble ticket.  We'll see if they can resolve it.

Journeyman

Yes, I must agree.  This is the worst phone i've ever had myself, and it was not a cheap phone when it was purchased.  I envy my family and friends when the can download a txt msg instantly having a different carrier, and our sprint phone takes a good couple of minutes to just to open or send a msg.  I am just around the corner from my two year plan, and must i share that my phone had to be replaced, and now seems to function just as crapy as my older model i776w.  As i mentioned before my two year is coming to an end, and i must rethink if i should continue with such service.  This phone is not capable to last 2 years....

Journeyman

I absolutely agree that this is the worst phone I have ever owned. I got this phone as a replacement phone and it wasn't because I requested it. I have had nothing but problems. first of all I was given then phone and never told that this was a refurbished phone. Then I was told that since it was already a year old that I could not have it insured. I complained enough that it is now insured. I was not able to get cover or case for this phone nor a car charger since it is now a model that is considered out dated and no longer being sold from the stores. I HATE this phone and one week after I got it the flip part of this phone cracked and they said that even though it was only a phone that I actually owned for 4 days it could be replaced with a different phone for $100, now call me crazy but if I'm going to spend $100 I will get to pick the phone out and it sure wouldn't be this piece of crap! Keep pushing I did and I am finally making some head way....I will get a different phone and it will not cost me anything or I will take my business else where!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat