cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the Motorola i776w

Journeyman

Re: Problems with the Motorola i776w

I am having the exact same issues with the i776.  I am on a replacement phone now. I have had it for one week and it is going bad and I am only 1 year into my contract.  I have been with Nextel for over 10 years and am about to buy out my contract and leave them over this.  NO ISSUES BEFORE THIS WITH THE COMPANY and this is it.  I have the insurance plan.  The service center told me that the insurance was only good for physical damage to the phone but the website states it is for technical issues as well.  Go figure!  RRRRR, this is ridiculous!!

Journeyman

I've nothing but problems with i776 too.  My flip cracked after about a month and my direct connect barely works.  The local store where I bought the phone from was absolutely no help.  I am changing carriers as soon as my contract is up.

Journeyman

I am having the same prob. my direct connect does not work and I have a lot of trouble downloading a message. it has been a couple fo days now that I cannot send text's and/or receive them, it tells me it had a transport error.

Journeyman

hahahaha yeah, it takes like 3 minutes to download a dam txt message

This phone sucks.

Journeyman

I've experienced the exact same problems. Bottom line is, Sprint is doing away with anything NEXTEL and they make these decisions up in corporate and are not proactive in telling us what they are doing. Not only will they not admit this, but that information doesn't even trickle down to their customers. They just cut off our email and then we call them to fix and their reply is to "get a newer phone." All this in the name of "progress."

Journeyman

I have had the same issues with my i776w. I called customer service they could notg help. I went to repair shop and they could not fix. I called tech support again today and they still could not help. This is a piece of crap phone and they refuse to replace it with another one. I have had it for over a year and it has never worked and they can not correct the issues.

Journeyman

I found a way to fix this problem. I got ticked off one day and decided to DEINSTALL the whole Sprint Mobile Email application from my phone. (select the SME icon, DON'T CLICK IT, but hit the menu button; deinstall is available, click it and let it run).

Later the same day it dawned on me to try and re-install the Sprint Mobile Email app to see what happens. You do this by going into the JAVA APPS icon (not the net icon), then DOWNLOAD APP icon (takes a bit for it to work), then BYPASS the instructions (if it appears), then hit FACTORY PRELOADS and then scroll down to SPRINT MOBILE EMAIL, and load it up!

It worked for me!! Try it!

Let me know how it works out - Good luck!

Dave

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems with the Motorola i776w

I have not had this issue but I would go to the CEO of Sprint and let him know your frustrations and I am sure there is someone within the company that could direct your email to the proper Individual for a resolution to this issue.

Nancy

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat