Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching back to Nextel from Sprint

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Switching back to Nextel from Sprint

First of all, I want to apologize if this was already posted somewhere. I have tried to look around, but could not find anything.

Ok, I had Nextel previously and thought it would be cool to move to a hybrid phone. Well, now I have Sprint service (which is not good at home) and a Nextel phone and I want to move back to Nextel. I am a little over a year into my contract and I wonder if I'd be able to move back to Nextel without facing any penalities.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks in advance, everyone!!!

Message Edited by p.pahnke on 10-13-2008 08:17 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Switching back to Nextel from Sprint

You should be able to either a) reactivate your old iDEN phone or b) pay retail for a new iDEN phone and swap that out for your Powersource hybrid phone.  You won't be eligible for full rebates on a new phone yet, but changing devices should not be a problem.  Just call or click to chat to find out the details.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

You should be able to either a) reactivate your old iDEN phone or b) pay retail for a new iDEN phone and swap that out for your Powersource hybrid phone.  You won't be eligible for full rebates on a new phone yet, but changing devices should not be a problem.  Just call or click to chat to find out the details.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Also, no penalties or contract extensions to switch back and forth from iDEN (Nextel) and CDMA (Sprint) phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes this is not an issue and like the remaining users have posted you will not need to extend your contract. Depending on your plan you may have to choose another plan. If you would like assistance with this matter just send me a Private Message and I would be glad to assist you with this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you SO much for the help everyone. I really appreciate all of the comments!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat