Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer contacts to memory card?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Transfer contacts to memory card?

I have a Sprint Motorola Razr (it is sprint, not nextel). I am told that the cards in these are not SIM cards but just memory cards. I have a lot of contacts IN my old phone, that I want to put on the memory card to take over to my new phone. Pictures, too.

I have searched all over the phone and all over the sprint site, and CANNOT find an easy way to transfer all my contacts (and hopefully pics) to the memory card. ??? can anyone help me do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Transfer contacts to memory card?

I apologize to say however you are unable to trasnfer your contacts via a Memory Card.  However the following are your options to get those contacts transferred:

1. Wireless backup(if you subscribed to this BEFORE the device was swapped to the new one)

2. At a Sprint store, they can take both devices, hook them up, and trasnfer the contacts from one to the other.

3. Manually, and this would be entering the contacts in one by one.

And the good news is that your pictures should be able to transfer, as long as the memory card fits in both phones! You can put the memory card in your old phone, go to the pictures, and choose to save it to the Memory Card. And then take the memory card and put it back in the new phone. And the pictures will be saved to the new device, on the Memory Card.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Transfer contacts to memory card?

Also, in a number of devices, you should be able to transfer the contacts thru Bluetooth, if you have it turned on in both phones.

On my RAZR, If I have saved a picture to my phone and not my memory card, I put a check mark on the picture, than choose options on the right side, and choose move to "external memory"

You should then be able to put your RAZR's memory card into your new phone (if they are the same type of card) or transfer them to your computer using a micro card adapter (very cheap if you don't have one on your computer)

Message Edited by MDG on 09-17-2008 10:38 AM

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat