cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V3 battery won't charge

Highlighted
Journeyman

V3 battery won't charge

My sone dropped his V3 into a hot tub. Well as of this morning everyhting is back to working. But it says something about the battery being the wrong one. That it can't charge. I too have a V3 so i put my battery in and got the same error. I put his into my phone and its fine. What could the problem and is it fixable?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: V3 battery won't charge

I apologize to hear that he has dropped his phone into water. That would be an issue with his water damaged device. You will more then likely need to get his phone replaced. If you have (Total Equipement Protection)TEP, then you will be able to have his phones replaced for a $50.00

deductible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate accident that appears to have occurred. It is quite possible that your phone has still retained some water damage, which is preventing the connectors on the phone from communicating with the battery properly. In order to resolve this issue, and make use of some options, I would suggest taking the handset into a Sprint Service & Repair location to have the device evaluated. You can locate the nearest repair location at the Sprint.com website, by clicking on Store Locations and selecting the repair search option. Also, please be advised that you have our Total Equipment Protection option on your services, you are able to have your handset evaluated and repaired (if it is able to be repaired, not replaced). In the worst case scenario, if you have our Total Equipment Protection feature, you are also able to gain a replacement device. Our repair locations can provide more information to you on this process, should this action be necessary.

I hope this information has assisted you.

~+Ella

Journeyman

As per the user manual.............

If your phone interior gets wet, then do not try to accelerate drying with the use of an oven or a dryer as this will damage the radio product and void the warranty. Instead, do the following:

1 Immediately power off the phone.
2 Remove Battery and SIM card the phone.
3 Shake excess liquid from phone.
4 Place the phone and battery in an area that is at room temperature and has good air flow.
5 Let the phone, battery, and SIM card dry for 72 hours before reconnecting the battery and/or powering on the phone.

If the phone does not work after following the steps listed above, contact your dealer for servicing information.

Clean the external surfaces of the phonewith a damp cloth, using a mild solution of dishwashing detergent and water. Some household cleaners may contain chemicals that could seriously damage the phone. Avoid the use of any petroleum-based solvent cleaners. Also, avoid applying liquids directly on the phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat