cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Motorola i576 work with my current Sprint Service and Plan or do I have to switch to Nextel Direct Connect

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will the Motorola i576 work with my current Sprint Service and Plan or do I have to switch to Nextel Direct Connect

I am soon due for an upgrade. If I purchase a Motorola i576 will it work with my current Sprint plan which is talk,data and text or would I have to switch plans or service? I don't want the Nextel Direct Connect Service, just the phone for it's ruggedness and for simple talk, data and text messaging. I've always had good performance with Motorola devices before and my reason for considering this device.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will the Motorola i576 work with my current Sprint Service and Plan or do I have to switch to Nextel Direct Connect

If the current phone you're using is a Sprint device without the Nextel Direct Connect, then you'll have to change your plan to the comparable Nextel version. You see Sprint, non Direct Connect, devices work on the CDMA network. Whereas the Nextel devices work on the iDEN network. So if you have a plan that supports a Sprint CDMA device and you swap into a Nextel iDEN device, then you would have to change to a plan that supports that network. There are comparable plans with the talk, messaging and data like what you probably have currently. I don't know what plan you have currently, but if there is a CDMA network plan, then there is an iDEN network version of it also for the same pricing. For example there is a Everything Data 450 for $69.99 per month that includes unlimited messaging and data and 450 anytime mins. This plan is available on both networks at the same pricing. Checkout the plans on Sprint's website before you buy the new phone. Good luck!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat