cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ic402 will not power-up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ic402 will not power-up.

I have had the ic402 for a little over a year and this morning will not power up. I can't afford the current prices on a new phone so was thinking about picking up an ic402 off of ebay for cheap. If I do this, what will I have to do. Is it as easy as swapping my SIM card to the new phone?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: ic402 will not power-up.

Actually, there could be several reasons why it's not powering up. Have you checked to verify that your battery is still operating and charging properly? Simple check: swap out your battery and put in another that actually works. If the phone turns on, then it's your battery is potentially the problem...but it could also be your phone's charger. Since the ic402 is a CMDA phone w/ iDEN PTT grafted onto it...you can't simply get a new one and swap SIM cards on it (unless you're only worried about the PTT part that is).

My bet though is that it's your charger or your battery, while the unit itself is fine. But, to make sure, I'd take the phone to a local Nextel store for a diagnostic to make sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have tried a different battery and also to power up the phone with the charger attached.

So I can't buy another 402 and have it work? Sorry if I am asking stupid questions. Just want/need a phone.

Highlighted

Not a stupid question at all.

Anyhow, I was merely suggesting the battery or charger since those typically are cheaper to replace rather than replacing the entire handset.

However, since you've already tried the above, you may be better off replacing the entire handset. Cheapest way is probably to get one off of Ebay, and then go to Sprint.com and choose their online phone swap feature. Just make sure you take your old SIM card and put it into your new phone BEFORE you do the swap.

Hopefully it will work and the rest will be merely a memory.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cool- I saw one on ebay brand new for $40. then I will do the online phone swap. If that doesn't work I am guessing I have to call it in? Thanks again for all your help.

Highlighted

@rjestings wrote:

Cool- I saw one on ebay brand new for $40. then I will do the online phone swap. If that doesn't work I am guessing I have to call it in? Thanks again for all your help.

Yeah...from my experience, online swapping should go pretty smoothly for you...but know that it could take the networks up to 4 hours (usually during busy mid-day times) to swap one handset and direct the info onto the other. You may also need to RE-ENTER your phone contacts manually into the new handset since I don't know if CDMA phones can upload/download phone lists from other CDMA phones.

If your new handset doesn't work after 4 hours, I would then call CS and have them trouble shoot what is going on.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat