cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ic602 Status Lights

Highlighted
Journeyman

ic602 Status Lights

I noticed that on my ic602 the status light does NOT blink in standby displaying network status as was the case with the ic502. Yes, I have turned on the status light on via the display menu. I am wondering ifthe ic602was designed this way on purpose or if it is a software bug. I would love to get the status light to blink again on standby as so that I may take a quick glance and check my network status.

The status light does blink when an incoming call or alert is received and when the phone is charging.

So, in summary, the ic602, at least my ic602 does not blink in standby displaying network status as was the case with the ic502. Any advise or info is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: ic602 Status Lights

Wtih this phone the stauts light would only show upon the changing of your network status.

Journeyman

No, it doesn't display any network status. The only thing the LED does on the ic602, at least my model, is it will blink when there is an incomng call, incoming direct connect and for missed calls / alerts. It does nothing in regards to network status.

The ic502 did all of the above PLUS it would blink green in standby mode when on the Sprint PCS network, blink amber when roaming or the iDEN network was not available. It would blink red if no networks were available.

Journeyman

@DARPA wrote:

No, it doesn't display any network status. The only thing the LED does on the ic602, at least my model, is it will blink when there is an incomng call, incoming direct connect and for missed calls / alerts. It does nothing in regards to network status.

The ic502 did all of the above PLUS it would blink green in standby mode when on the Sprint PCS network, blink amber when roaming or the iDEN network was not available. It would blink red if no networks were available.

It sounds to me as if your phone has experienced the same issue my old ic502 did. All the status lights worked, as you've described, to begin with- but later on, the green light stopped working, and only a blinking red light operated. I'm thinking the diode burned out or something.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat