cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sprint store orders me a new ic902 everytime i have just a little problem and want it fixed

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint store orders me a new ic902 everytime i have just a little problem and want it fixed

how come every time i have a problem with my ic902 and i take it into my local sprint repair shop they always order me a new phone it gets old after a while this my sound stupid but im tired of getting a new phone everytime i have a minor problem. the only problem i have with my phone is that when i check for new software updates it gives me error code 1012 and so they order me a new phone for that.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: sprint store orders me a new ic902 everytime i have just a little problem and want it fixed

Have you asked why they keep giving you a new phone, Could be that the technician on site cannot repair the powersource phone so they just send off the broken one give you anew one and when broken phone comes back fixed they more likely sell it to teh next person , seen that done a couple of dozen times

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: sprint store orders me a new ic902 everytime i have just a little problem and want it fixed

Does you phone have the most current software? I have seen it before when the error 1012 will display on a phone when the go to upgrade the software but they already have the most current. Sometimes Sprint will also pull a software upgrade from over the air and this will display an error 1012. As long as your phone connects to the internet without tripping the error, I really would not be worried about the 1012 errors, unless you need a more current software.
Also, if you do not have the most current software they should be able to upgrade it over the wire at service and repair stores if the over the air upgrades are not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

had the same issue with my 902 and I was able to get sprint to send me the v950 for Free

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat