cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text message problem with AT&T friends

Journeyman

text message problem with AT&T friends

I could not recieve messages from my family that is on AT&T and I am Nextel. We found that if the AT&T sender specifies MMS instead of the default SMS, it works just fine. I hope Nextel support reads this, I had to figure this out myself.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: text message problem with AT&T friends

Really??? That's news to me. What type of phone are you using on the Nextel side?

I've had several AT&T friends of mine shoot me text messages over the SMS side, and I receive them fine. Then again, I have a Motorola i90c (ancient I know), so that may make a difference...don't know.

Journeyman

I have the Stature I9 for about 29 days so far. We always had the cheaper i530 phones at work mainly for two way radio. I thought I would jump into the next century by upgrading, i.e. texting, camera, etc. The manual says that I can recieve SMS but not send SMS, that does not seem to be the case.

Hmmm...I'm stumped. Sounds to me like the messages are somehow being screwed up on the Sprint server side and not being properly forwarded to your phone. How to fix it? Not sure, aside from calling into customer service, or showing up at a Sprint store locally along with your i9 and someone's AT&T phone, and demonstrating the problem live.

Will, Sarah, MDG, Kevin...any ideas???

Journeyman

I called customer service, they sent a text from the sprint web and the AT&T website. Sprint went thru, AT&T did not and they said it was AT&T's problem because it wasn't going thru the grid. The very smart lady in the store who knew everything about all their phones was baffled also.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I never had problems sending or receiving text messages on Nextel iDEN. My only complaint was that it wasn't the most convenient system to use.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat