Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will motorola photon 4g get to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich

18 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: when will motorola photon 4g get to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich

First and last motorola phone.

Good phone, but I should have known better than to leave HTC.

bad move moto.

Oh, and your return service credit...really!?!? Buy a new phone we have pre-determined for you and recieve a $100 pre-paid credit card in the mail

PLEASE! Give me a break.

You ran a risk analysis that showed who you would lose as customers versus how many people will just get a new phone anyway...very evil.

I hate you moto and I hope more people leave you in the dust.

Journeyman

Horrible customer service on Moto's part. I got one of the earlier Photon 4G's, and had an issue with the 1st one. (I won't go in to the details, but there were THOUSANDS of 'bad' Photons) My 1st phone never worked, and Moto never acknowledged any issue.... even after thousands of customer complaints. Fortunately, I was able to swap out my phone w/o TOO much hassle, and the 2nd one is working fine.

When I swapped the phone, the salesperson (BestBuy) sugested other phones, staing that they had noticed 'issues' recently w/Moto phones. Still, based on Moto's reputation, and the specs of the phone, I stuck with the Photon 4G. One critical part of my decision was that Android updates were _definitely_ coming for this phone. (So stated by Motorola)  Moto even announced 'target' dates for updates. A we now know, they are NOT coming.

I'm DONE w/Motorola, and refuse to support a company that 1) refuses to acknoledge issues with their products (when there's OBVIOUSLY a problem, and 2) LIES to customers about updates. I'll keep my Photon as it's (thankfully) working well (and I'm still in my contract), but this is the LAST MOTOROLA PHONE I will ever own. Fortunately, we have choices, and when shopping for your next phone, I STRONGLY sugest you avoid Motorola as they LIE to & CHEAT their customers.

Master

I am sorry for this issue  We have the information we get from manufactures on the updates.   They can change the dates when they will.   We try to give accurate information when asked.   This summer the update for the Photon was Q4.   If the update is to be release the phone should get the update, however the information coming form  Motorola has changed. 

Journeyman

I'm with you. This is my first and last Motorola phone!!!

Journeyman

The worst thing about this, is that I was told when I bought my phone6 months ago, that it would be upgraded.  Had I been told it would not, I would have chosen a different phone.  I'm not an apple fan, but jeez, at least my wifes iphone 4 gets every software update.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Have you had a chance to stop by to sign the online petition yet?  If not, please do we are at 12,000+ signatures and still need 2,799 more. Go here: http://chn.ge/PaVpIX or http://www.change.org/petitions/motorola-mobility-inc-unlock-all-smartphone-bootloaders-2

Please spread the word with your friends, family, and coworkers/social networks.

-GP

Journeyman

Photon 4 ics upgrade has been canceled   not happy   will not buy motorola again

Journeyman

Motorola just announced Photon and The Atrix will not get ICS even though the Xoom is basicly the same thing

Journeyman

And honestly Sprint is not Helping either, Maybe We should take our bussiness to a company that cares. Look verizon just published the whole line up of updates of ALL their motorola devices, and Sprint is as always lacking.

Get away from any MOTO device on Sprint - They just does not seem to take about us the customers.