cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will motorola photon 4g get to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich

Journeyman

when will motorola photon 4g get to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich

ive have been lookin online an im trying to find out wen its goin to come out bkuz i used to had android 2.3.4 gingerbread an i update it an it moved 2 ginger bread 2.3.5 an im trying to find out wen the ice cream sandwich going tobappear on my motorola photon 4g any help thank you!!.

18 REPLIES
Master

Re: when will motorola photon 4g get to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich

I am sorry I can not give you a release date for the software.  We get very little prior notice of a release  when it does happen it will be posted in the forums.

Journeyman

Motorola's forecast is that ICS should begin to push for Photon 4g by the end of the year in the US market.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

That chart is currently dated July 30 2012 as I write this post.

4th Quarter is the last three months of 2012 - October - November - December.

Release dates are usually over optimistic and will usually slip -depending on how difficult the process goes getting the new version of the operating system to work well enough with the Photon 4G.

They won't release it until there is a benefit to the user in that it fixes more problems than it causes or it adds more features than problems.

All you can do is be patient and amuse yourself reading all of the other posts asking the exact same question.

Unless you are a high end programmer or have some sort of degreee in telecommunications design, and work for those divisions of Sprint or Motorola, and are willing to put in off-the-clock overtime, there isn't much you can do to speed the process.

Journeyman

Hello my name is Veronica i am a Photon user and I LOVE my phone I did the research and if you look at http://motorola.comyou will see that they say CLEARLY THAT THE MOTOROLA PHOTON IN THE USA WILL BE RECIEVING THE 4.0 ICS UPDATEWILL BEGAN ROLLING OUT IN Q4 2012 now when Q4 is idk but if you pay close attention to your phone you will notice when it starts to recieve updates like it will choke on certain things you do and then a few weeks later or have current updates that are ready to update but dont have them on auto update I do believe that it is in Process of rolling out now though.

Journeyman

Hello my name is Veronica i am a Photon user and I LOVE my phone I did the research and if you look at http://motorola.comyou will see that they say CLEARLY THAT THE MOTOROLA PHOTON IN THE USA WILL BE RECIEVING THE 4.0 ICS UPDATEWILL BEGAN ROLLING OUT IN Q4 2012 now when Q4 is idk but if you pay close attention to your phone you will notice when it starts to recieve updates like it will choke on certain things you do and then a few weeks later or have current updates that are ready to update but dont have them on auto update I do believe that it is in Process of rolling out now though.

Q4 = October 1 - December 31, 2012

Journeyman

Journeyman

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c This link to the Motorola web site shows a chart for all the motorola handsets, including the Photon 4G which is slated for 4th quarter rollout.

Wizard

It looks like Moto push back on the date again. It's not anymore the 4th quarter.

It really sucks to wait and wait and nothing.

I should put my phone on craigslist and sell it.

Journeyman

And honestly Sprint is not Helping either, Maybe We should take our bussiness to a company that cares. Look verizon just published the whole line up of updates of ALL their motorola devices, and Sprint is as always lacking.

Get away from any MOTO device on Sprint - They just does not seem to take about us the customers.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.