cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Moto Buds - First Thoughts

Sprint Product Ambassador

The accessory space is getting very crowded, with wearables, battery pakcs and ofcourse, audio product. One of the oldest accessories we are used to are headphones. Back in the day every phone sold came with a run of the mill wires, so unless you occasionally needed to have a private conversation, those were worthless.

Then started the bluetooth era of headphones and audio products. They totally changed the game on how we consume media content or make calls. A few big players took over the market, not leaving much room to play.

Motorola has been launching some amazing products lately, from their award winning Moto X phone to their Sliver bluetooth earpieces. However in the crowded space of stereo headphones, Moto was just not present, until now! Behold Moto Buds!

buds-white-540.pngmoto-buds-bluetooth-headset-front-motbudhst?$acc-lg$&fmt=jpeg&wid=565&hei=565&bgc=ebeeee&qlt=75

Available in 2 colors, black and white, these are a very sleek set of headsets that I really enjoy using. Unlike other competitor products, their wires are the flat, no tangle type and the earphones stick to a magnetic tips at the ends of the device. there isnt much cable so there isnt much hanging going on, if you know what I mean.

As far as sound quality goes, its a Motorola product. They have always spent the right amount of time and effort to optimize the hardware for excellent sound quality and these Buds are no different. The sound is clear and precise. Enough said.

The buttons on the headset have a very nice click to them and are easy to use once you figure out which is which. A power button sits in the underside of the headset in the middle in the back. Its a push and hold type and I wish it was more of a standard on/off toggle switch like the other guy. Also you kinda have to take them off in order to turn them on or off due to teh position of the button.

Finally, the device is a bit tight for guys with big necks like mine. Besides that, its a solid headset. I am looking forward to using them on a regular basis and will provide more feedback soon.

Until next time.

- Your Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”