cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Motorola Buds

Journeyman

I’d like to tell you a story about a boy and his buds. His Motorola Buds that is!! Okay, not much of a story teller, but these Buds are AWESOME!

Motorola has launched a brand new set of wireless, Bluetooth connected earbuds. The design is a horseshoe that rests comfortably on your shoulders, with magnetically attached earbuds conveniently stuck to the ends for easy access and storage. This is my first experience with headphones of this design, and I have to say: I’m thoroughly impressed. For wireless earbuds, this is the only style that makes sense!

But let me back up a bit. The contour of headset fits my neck perfectly, and rests ever so subtly around the base of my neck. The device doesn’t seem as flexible as some would like (ie people with larger necks than mine!) Motorola has kept the Buds rigid and lightweight, causing me to forget they’re on my person until a call comes in. For me, I can’t imagine a more comfortable set of headphones that are always available.

As I stated above, the earbuds are attached to the ends of the horseshoe via magnetics. These aren’t your Grandma’s magnets! Unless of course your Grandma was into strong magnets, then they might be. The magnets do a great job holding onto the buds during the hustle and bustle of a normal day. The Buds have even found their way back to their magnetic home on their own when I just pull them out of my ears and let them hang. Now, I’ll be clear here, the lines are retractable, and the magnet isn’t so strong you’ll throw off people’s compasses or anything, But they provide a great hold to keep your Buds in place while you do whatever it is you do! Note: When wearing a coat, I’ve noticed that the collar can sometimes separate the Buds from the magnet, but I believe this to be the exception to the rule.

When removing the Buds, you will notice that the reach of lines may not be sufficient to be able to turn your head. I was a little worried at first that Motorola had overlooked this movement, and the Buds would only be useful while looking straight ahead. However, Motorola HAS taken this into consideration with their design. There is a little rubber band on each arm of the horseshoe that is moveable to allow the wires more flexibility and longer reach. I have no issues with the Buds being pulled out of my ear when turning to look both directions, and the occasional headbanging in the car.

That’s all I have for now. As far as reach, comfort, and design; The Motorola Buds get an A-+ for me. Only nit-picky thing would be to allow for more comfort for the ones with slightly larger necks!

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to Motorola Buds

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.