cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Design Fit

Sprint Product Ambassador

Design.jpg

As a Product Ambassador I get the privilege of receiving our products and giving them a go, experience what they have to offer, and then let you good folks know what I think about them.   Normally devices are the topic du jour but every once in a while accessories cross our paths and being one who enjoys his music the Motorola Buds were of particular interest.  I'll post about different elements of the headset over the next few weeks but lets start out with the design of the Buds, I personally think this is the biggest draw of the headphones.

The Designer's Buds

As you can see from the picture above the design philosophy is sleek and stylish.  I intentionally arranged the ear buds so you could see the black and white color themes on the buds and wiring providing styling queues reminiscent of the ebony and ivory of a piano.  The overall housing of the blue tooth unit is very smooth and minimalistic, yielding a very modern yet uncluttered presentation.  In all I like the aesthetic design of the unit, I think it will work well for fashion conscious consumers who place priority on style.     

A couple of things to point out about the design, one I like the other I don't.   Let's start off with the aspect I don't like so you don't just remember that element.  For those of us that aren't of avg size the u shaped housing design can get uncomfortable.   I've got a 17 1/2" neck line and I find that if I try to place the housing toward the lower half of my neck the fit is snug.   After a few minutes of use the pressure can be felt, I'm not saying you are going to pass out but know that you will notice it.  If you have the opportunity I would suggest you try it on before purchasing, I would estimate that if you have a 16" neck line or less you will be in good shape.   The other functional element is the magnetic earbud storage points.  Very similar to what is found on the LG Tones the earbuds can be attached to the tips of the u housing via magnetic connections.   The port spots on the Tones are more obvious but Motorola's design is just as effective.   Instead of having to keep your earbuds in their fleshy homes or dangling on your shirt simply touch them away into storage.  

Outside of the fit I do really like the overall design philosophy of this BT headphone solution.  It is not perfect for all scenarios but works very well for general use.   Go to a local retail and check them out to see if they are right for you!

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee