cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Moto Buds-My on the go media machine

Sprint Product Ambassador

I admit it. I am one of those folks that very seldom actually talks to people on the phone. I can text, message, Facebook, and twitter with the best of them. Talk? That is so 90s.

It is a whole different story when it comes to media. Ever since signing up for Netflix and Spotify my device has become the centerpiece of my entertainment endeavors. That is why I have been excited to try the Moto Buds with their Hi Fi sound and Bluetooth connectivity. The result? Join me after the break to learn more.

IMAG0008.jpg

Function

The Buds provide simple controls that work great for music.This includes a handy volume rocker on the right side. Press on the down side to lower and the up side to raise the volume. Press and hold this same button to change the bass/treble settings. There are three different setting options.

The left side rocker has several functions. Press the lower button to pause and to play music that is currently queued for streaming. Press the upper button to skip tracks.

All of these functions have worked for me consistently and effectively when partnered with Spotify.

Fit

The around the neck design fits snugly without getting in the way. There have been several times so far when I actually forgot I had the Buds with me. As with most in-ear headphones, the Buds came with a variety of sizes for the earpiece. Motorola claims the earbuds automatically adjust for a “perfect fit” and indeed these are the best fitting buds I have experienced so far.

When not in use, the earbuds quite ingeniously easily connect thanks to magnets on each side of the around your neck stem.

Battery time

I left the music running for several hours each of the last couple of days and have found the claim to 10 hours of battery time to be pretty accurate. There are voice prompts to make you aware when powering up and powering off. There unfortunately is not an indicator light to let you know if the headphones are on so there have been times that I have run out of juice due to forgetting to turn them off.

Sound quality

I would not go so far as to claim to be an audiophile but I will have to say that over the last year I have come to appreciate the value of quality thanks to the amazing sound of the HTC One M8. This includes the in-ear headphones that came with the phone. The quality of the Buds is very good but not as good as a set of premium wired headphones. Perhaps it is my 47 year old ears but I could tell no difference between the three different EQ settings. Nonetheless, the convenience of wireless has trumped for me the drop in audio experience.

Conclusion

I am several days into using the Motorola Buds and am sold on them as my go to on the go music connection. Good thing I have unlimited data with Sprint as I am about to blow things up with constant streaming of Spotify.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.