cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Wrapping with my Buds

Sprint Product Ambassador

Wrap up post for my time with the Motorola Buds and thought I would give a few parting thoughts on some of the features that I grew to appreciate about the Blue Tooth headset. My demo time with the unit didn't start on the right foot because of the device's feel around my neck but after a couple weeks of getting acquainted I grew to really appreciate the overall design. Here are a few features that righted the ship and made the Buds my new BT headset of choice:

Design- Yes, the very thing that gave me fits in the beginning due to how snug if felt around my neck turned into a strong point. Initially I tried to push the unit to settle around the base of my neck which felt like it was cutting off blood to my head. After letting the headset settle a little farther up my neck I found wear ability to be much more comfortable. An advantage to this form fit design vs. a looser configuration like the LG Tones is you can run with them on. The Buds are the first BT headset I have used that I can leverage while running and won't bounce off of my neck. I found the unit is well suited for weightlifting as well as the control buttons are place in such a manner that they won't be accidently pressed while exercising.

Sound- The quality of sound the Buds puts out won't disappoint, after learning the EQ settings trick I was really pleased with the clarity and dynamic range the unit produced. Leveraging what Motorola calls "AptX" audio coding technology and quality HD speakers the unit will rival any BT unit and several higher quality wired ones. In all big sound from a small package.

Battery Life- I'm a pretty heavy user throughout the day listening to music and taking conference calls so when I was regularly getting a couple of days use out of the battery life I was impressed. Battery capacity is stated at 17hrs standby and 10hrs active, as long as you give it a full charge every other night you should be good. Once the weather warms up and I'm able to get out on the motorcycle I will be interested to let it run for a constant 8hrs to see if it holds up but expecting it will with the use I've put it through thus far.

In all a really good BT headset at a really good price, I would recommend it for personal use or a gift this Christmas. As always if you have any questions don't hesitate to post a comment.

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee