cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Buds

0 Comments

c700x420.jpg

Last month I received my Motorola Buds to try out and demo them to others. At first I was not for sure about them because they felt pretty stiff. For the last year I have been using my LG Tone+ and really loved them for their flexibility. The Motorola Buds are just as comfortable and at times I forget I have them on.

In the morning before I leave for work, I put them on and generally do not take them off till I get home later that evening. My Motorola Buds have been great for watching a show at lunch so that I don't disturb others. I now have them paired with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Note 2014 tablet and my Samsung Gear S smartwatch. With my Motorola Buds, I can leave my phone at home and connect them to my Samsung Gear S if I need to make a call while out without my phone...

654311sGwZqIAL.jpg.jpg

The controls are easy to locate for taking calls or adjusting when watching a show or listening to music streaming from Spotify. I have found myself more and more here lately walking through the grocery store with my Bud in while listening to music. I have also found them helpful for taking calls while in the grocery store too...

Visit a Sprint store and check out the Motorola Buds and see if they are the next premium HD audio Bluetooth headset for you!

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

rick-osterloh.jpg

Here in the Product Ambassador team we like to talk a lot about devices.  They're fun, cool and exciting and really the reason why our team started in the first place; Corporate Communications and Product Marketing found that the #1 thing that readers cared about was gadgets, and thus, the PA team was born.

But when new devices come out, with all of the ooo's and ahh's and specs and capabilities flying around, it's easy to forget that PEOPLE are behind these wonderful things.  Very smart, interesting and innovative people.  Like Rick Osterloh, CEO of Motorola who took control of the company after Dennis Woodside's reign under Google's ownership before Motorola was sold to Lenovo.  Rick is working hard toward steering the Motorola ship toward profitability, but there are choppy waters ahead.

His Bio:

Rick took on leadership of Motorola Mobility in April 2014. He has a long and successful track record in the industry and at Motorola. Prior to becoming president, Rick was Motorola’s senior vice president of product, responsible for the planning, strategy, and delivery of all products. Prior to that he served as vice president of product and design at Skype, where he oversaw product for more than 250 million monthly Skype users. Before Skype, Rick was responsible for the delivery of software and operation of the Android platform at Motorola. Before Motorola, Rick led product management at Good Technology, managed enterprise software projects for Fortune 1000 companies at Deloitte Consulting Group, worked in product management at Amazon.com, and analyzed wireless industry investments for Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers

And Rick has definitely got his work cut out.

To say that Motorola has fallen from grace in the market place is an understatement.  From their inception in 1928, Motorola has always been looked to for innovation and for some time in the early 2000s, they enjoyed an incredible amount of success with the Star Tac and RAZR product lines.  They also heavily embraced Android from the beginning, being one of the first premier OEMs to really modify the platform to suit business and carrier requirements.  But a series of management blunders inflated their product portfolio causing it to be unfocused and unwieldy.  Meanwhile, better funded and organized Koreans competitors like Samsung and LG moved in to steal share with a series of compelling devices that consumers responded to.

With the company in a state of flux, Google moved quickly to acquire Motorola, immediately paring down it's product line to a few key handsets such as the incredibly innovative and customizable Moto X as well as the budget handsets Moto G and Moto E which proved that you don't have to sacrifice quality for price and have been incredibly successful in emerging markets like South America and India.  Despite Google's engineering and financial muscle, the Motorola unit continued to lose money and in January 2014, the company was sold to Chinese OEM Lenovo.  Under Lenovo Motorola is continuing with the X, G and E lines but is cooking up some interesting new products for 2015.

Rick is going to be a critical part of keeping Motorola on the right track, and Lenovo is trusting him to make the right moves.  But in an interview with Re/Code's Walt Mossberg, he acknowledges the challenges ahead but remains optimistic for the future.

"Quite interestingly, what we've gone through in the last year and a half is what they went through many years ago.  But, you're going to see our share really rebound here."

And we here on the PA team certainly hope so.  We know well that consumers react positively to innovative, well designed products like the Moto X and the Moto 360 smartwatch.  While we know they are going to have rough road ahead, we are big fans and are confident that with the right products and a laser focus on execution, we will witness the rise of a new, stronger, leaner and meaner Motorola.  Best of luck Rick!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the
company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint
devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador
shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this
post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not
represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond
to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I've been using the Motorola Buds for a while now and can tell you they are definitely worth the price of $69.99 on sprint.com. In my experience the headset is comfortable, reliable, long lasting, long range, and maybe most importantly: the sound quality is stellar!

The Motorola Buds offered me a great audio headset that I didn’t have to worry about charging all the time, or walking away from my phone. The battery life and Bluetooth range are second to none in my book. I couldn’t believe the first range test I did by leaving my phone inside my house, and walking to my back fence. It was only when I started to cross the street did it begin to lose connection! For any practical usage scenario, the Buds will have you covered no problem! The battery lasts all day as well. And if you only use it for a couple of hours a day like I do, you might not have to charge it all week! I never wonder if I’m going to make it through the day when I grab my headset in the morning. I just know it will!

Finally, as I’ve said before, the sound quality is great. I’m repeating myself here from previous blogs, but I think it’s important to know when considering a purchase of Bluetooth headphones. In my final words to you as a reader, I want to stress the all-around quality that is the Motorola Buds Bluetooth headset.

There are many options when it comes to Bluetooth headphones, and it’s imperative that you make a good choice. There are obviously cheaper options available to you, but really compare the value of what you’re getting vs the Motorola Buds. These Buds are not only designed well, they also provide a rich feature set and offer great audio reproduction. I can tell you from using multiple headsets for a while now, the Buds will stand up to any Bluetooth headset and perform admirably. Even against headphones that are TWICE the cost!

If you’re looking to grab a last minute holiday gift for someone who loves to listen to their music on the go, you can’t beat the Buds.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to Motorola Buds

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

A Bluetooth device can only be as good as its Bluetooth transmission performance.  In this blog I will share my crude empirical experience with my Motorola Buds Bluetooth headset.

Just to refresh memory, the Motorola Buds can be comfortably worn around your neck.  I literally wear it all day and most of the time is not aware that it is around my neck.

IMAG0442.jpg

My previous LG Bluetooth headset occasionally dropped its connection while I am driving.  I was not able to pin point whether it was an issue of the phone (my HTC One E8/M8) or the LG headset.  Occasionally, while I am on a voice conversation while driving, I just lost the Bluetooth connectivity to the LG; I had to switch the Bluetooth device off and on to regain the conversation via the headset.  I had the feeling it was something to do with the combination of the CDMA radio condition which triggered this issue.  I have not observed the same thing with the Motorola Buds.

I took a simple test, by placing the phone on the ground with music playing and slowly walking away from the phone.  I did this in open space as well as inside my house.

In the open space, if I walk away from the phone, the first noticeable sound drop is about 153ft away. It is also worth mentioning that it corresponds to the situation where my back is facing the phone, so likely the Bluetooth antenna of the headphone has direct line of site to the phone.  If I face the other way, the first noticeable sound quality drop is about 105 ft. away.

Inside my house, the sound quality starts dropping when I am about 50ft linear distance through drywalls and furniture.  With that being said, I can place the phone in the middle of my house and can have good conversation on the phone or listen to the music throughout the house.  It is a drawback that this Bluetooth headset does not vibrate on incoming call, so I do miss a few phone calls while I am using the phone inside the house.  However, I usually check the caller ID before I answer the call so I like to have the phone close to me if I really want to answer any call anyway.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Wrap up post for my time with the Motorola Buds and thought I would give a few parting thoughts on some of the features that I grew to appreciate about the Blue Tooth headset. My demo time with the unit didn't start on the right foot because of the device's feel around my neck but after a couple weeks of getting acquainted I grew to really appreciate the overall design. Here are a few features that righted the ship and made the Buds my new BT headset of choice:

Design- Yes, the very thing that gave me fits in the beginning due to how snug if felt around my neck turned into a strong point. Initially I tried to push the unit to settle around the base of my neck which felt like it was cutting off blood to my head. After letting the headset settle a little farther up my neck I found wear ability to be much more comfortable. An advantage to this form fit design vs. a looser configuration like the LG Tones is you can run with them on. The Buds are the first BT headset I have used that I can leverage while running and won't bounce off of my neck. I found the unit is well suited for weightlifting as well as the control buttons are place in such a manner that they won't be accidently pressed while exercising.

Sound- The quality of sound the Buds puts out won't disappoint, after learning the EQ settings trick I was really pleased with the clarity and dynamic range the unit produced. Leveraging what Motorola calls "AptX" audio coding technology and quality HD speakers the unit will rival any BT unit and several higher quality wired ones. In all big sound from a small package.

Battery Life- I'm a pretty heavy user throughout the day listening to music and taking conference calls so when I was regularly getting a couple of days use out of the battery life I was impressed. Battery capacity is stated at 17hrs standby and 10hrs active, as long as you give it a full charge every other night you should be good. Once the weather warms up and I'm able to get out on the motorcycle I will be interested to let it run for a constant 8hrs to see if it holds up but expecting it will with the use I've put it through thus far.

In all a really good BT headset at a really good price, I would recommend it for personal use or a gift this Christmas. As always if you have any questions don't hesitate to post a comment.

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Que son las tres B's?

BUENO, BONITO, Y BARATO.

Siempre buscamos algo que cumpla con la regla de las tres B's.  Realmente, es difícil encontrar un producto que tiene las tres B's, y regularmente estamos bien con dos de las tres.  Pero creo que los audifonos Motorola Buds cumplen con esta regla, y también les satisfaceran a ustedes a la misma vez.

BUENO

La marca de Motorola ha sido siempre reconocida por su calidad y durabilidad.  Aunque estos audifonos no son a prueba de agua, son perfectos para uso diario, en una oficina, en la casa, o en la calle.  La bateria dura bastante tiempo y la senal de Bluetooth llega casi a 50 metros de distancia!  El sonido no es muy fuerte, pero suficiente para escuchar musica o recibir llamadas de su telefono. Y aunque no tienen el sonido bajo muy fuerte, la calidad de la musica es mejor que la mayoría de audifonos que vienen con los celulares.

BONITO

A mi mucho me fastidia tener un Bluetooth en la oreja todo el tiempo.  También, prefiero no tener un aparato con luces azules intermitentes.  Los Motorola Buds no son muy obvios.  Se pueden esconder en el cuello de una camisa, o si usa polos, el diseno no le hara parecer como un robot.

BARATO

Cuanto gastaria para audifonos? Ahora hay equipos que cuestan mas que $300, pero mas que nada estan pagando por la marca.  También hay otros que se pueden comprar en 5-Below que quizás duran 5 dias... o menos...  Estos audifonos cuestan $70, y les van a durar un buen tiempo.  Comparado con otros audifonos inalámbricos, los Motorola Buds son baratos, especialmente si consideran todo que se les ofrecen.

3 B's.  Son muy difíciles de encontrar, pero cuando se logra hacerlo, el producto se convierte en algo indispensable.

Yo tengo otros audifonos de calidad mas alta solo para escuchar musica, pero para mi uso diario, no he dejado de usar los Motorola Buds desde el dia que los recibi.

Feliz Navidad!

D

Descargo de responsabilidad: Los embajadores de los productos son empleados de Sprint de muchas partes diferentes de la empresa que aman la tecnología. Se ofrecen como voluntarios para probar todo tipo de dispositivos de Sprint y ofrecer opiniones libremente a la Comunidad. Cada Embajador Producto comparte sus propias opiniones de estos dispositivos, por lo tanto, la información en este post no refleja necesariamente las opiniones de Sprint. Las áreas protegidas no son comunicaciones corporativas, atención, apoyo técnico, gestión de producto o de marketing de producto y no se debe esperar a responder a miembros de la comunidad en la capacidad de cualquiera de estos papeles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

I admit it. I am one of those folks that very seldom actually talks to people on the phone. I can text, message, Facebook, and twitter with the best of them. Talk? That is so 90s.

It is a whole different story when it comes to media. Ever since signing up for Netflix and Spotify my device has become the centerpiece of my entertainment endeavors. That is why I have been excited to try the Moto Buds with their Hi Fi sound and Bluetooth connectivity. The result? Join me after the break to learn more.

IMAG0008.jpg

Function

The Buds provide simple controls that work great for music.This includes a handy volume rocker on the right side. Press on the down side to lower and the up side to raise the volume. Press and hold this same button to change the bass/treble settings. There are three different setting options.

The left side rocker has several functions. Press the lower button to pause and to play music that is currently queued for streaming. Press the upper button to skip tracks.

All of these functions have worked for me consistently and effectively when partnered with Spotify.

Fit

The around the neck design fits snugly without getting in the way. There have been several times so far when I actually forgot I had the Buds with me. As with most in-ear headphones, the Buds came with a variety of sizes for the earpiece. Motorola claims the earbuds automatically adjust for a “perfect fit” and indeed these are the best fitting buds I have experienced so far.

When not in use, the earbuds quite ingeniously easily connect thanks to magnets on each side of the around your neck stem.

Battery time

I left the music running for several hours each of the last couple of days and have found the claim to 10 hours of battery time to be pretty accurate. There are voice prompts to make you aware when powering up and powering off. There unfortunately is not an indicator light to let you know if the headphones are on so there have been times that I have run out of juice due to forgetting to turn them off.

Sound quality

I would not go so far as to claim to be an audiophile but I will have to say that over the last year I have come to appreciate the value of quality thanks to the amazing sound of the HTC One M8. This includes the in-ear headphones that came with the phone. The quality of the Buds is very good but not as good as a set of premium wired headphones. Perhaps it is my 47 year old ears but I could tell no difference between the three different EQ settings. Nonetheless, the convenience of wireless has trumped for me the drop in audio experience.

Conclusion

I am several days into using the Motorola Buds and am sold on them as my go to on the go music connection. Good thing I have unlimited data with Sprint as I am about to blow things up with constant streaming of Spotify.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

After having reviewed mostly phones over the last couple of years, I was excited to recently have the opportunity to receive the Motorola Buds Wireless headphones to unbox and give a try. I am not much of a Bluetooth headset guy having had experienced less than exciting results when I tried them several years ago. Time has passed and technology has improved so here we go.

Fit

The Buds come with in ear cushions that according to the manufacturer will automatically reposition while in the ear for improved comfort and sound quality. The headphones extend from the receiver which hangs around the users’ neck and when not in use magnetically reattaches. It’s like magic!

Sound

With premium HD sound, the Buds should be great for the audiophile that longs to be untethered from the ever in your way wires that can become annoying to navigate around. Music on the go for me is my greatest appeal to trying these and something I will report back on with my next post after use. They claim to have a 150 feet range and 11 hours of battery time which should be more than enough for roaming the office, house or back yard.

Design

The looks of these headphones are impressive. There will be no doubt that you have them on since the receiver is around your next but after just a little time trying this out I do not think it will be a problem. The controls are also handy with rockers located on the left and right sides.

In the box

The Buds come with as variety of soft inserts to help customize the fit for maximum comfort. There is also a short cable included for charging. There is not a wall plug in included so be prepared to provide your own.

The Price

The Buds are a terrific entry level premium headset as they come at a low retail price of $69.99 (as of December 2014) on sprint.com.

I can’t wait to try them out and report back to you this week what I think. Stay tuned!

20141207_144546.jpg

20141207_144753.jpg

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.
#sprintemployee.

0 Comments

buds.jpg

Having had the Moto Buds for over a month now I couldn’t be much happier with their usability and performance. Having the Motorola Buds really gives me the freedom of not holding my phone to my ear or working about ripping wired headphones out of my ears. The sound quality and range are really spectacular. The headphones lack some bass but with a few tweaks in an equalizer you can get that back pretty easily. Were the Moto Buds shine more than most is the range these offer. I can easily go 100ft without dropping signal to streaming music or taking a phone call. I believe the design of chassis is much tighter than the competition. I believe this is so the Moto buds don’t move around as much, especially while running or working out. The Motorola Buds are by far the best priced for wireless Bluetooth headphones. The magnets are extremely strong and keep the headphones from swinging around when not using them. The battery life has been nothing but amazing throughout. I use my headphone for typically 8-10 hours mon-fri. I only changed them twice a week. That’s pretty fantastic not having to worry about changing your headphones every other day. The microphone really picks up your voice nicely and the caller can always here my voice clearly, I never had to yell or move to a quiet place when making a phone call. If you’re on the fence about whether you should buy these headphones, don’t be and buy them! You will be happy with your new purchase.

0 Comments

buds-white-540x540.png

I’ve been able to explore the features and quality of Motorola’s new headset: Motorola Buds.

“Features you say?” Yes, features! Like noise CrystalTalk cancellation, up to 150ft Bluetooth range (with class 1 device) and up to 11 hours of battery time. Okay, maybe you expected some of these features in a headset… but there is one feature I was a little surprised to find built into the headset. An equalizer! When I hear there is an equalizer on a device, I envision a whole complicated set of tweaks and controls to give you the perfect sound. Something like this:

Graphic_equalizer.jpg

Source: Equalization (audio) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, Motorola has taken all of the complexity out of getting premium HD audio for all of your music. There are three presets for adjusting the tunes in your ears. Here’s how it’s changed:

While the song is playing, press and hold the play/pause button down until you hear “Equalizer Changed.” That’s it! Cycle through the presets to fine tune your listening experience.

(For a deeper look into the button config visit: Streaming music on your Motorola Buds)

The equalizer is really just the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae of awesome sound. Okay, that was a weird analogy. What I’m trying to say is the Motorola Buds sound amazing. The audio comes through crystal clear whether its streaming music, watching movies, or taking a phone call.

I mentioned battery life above, but I want to reiterate: the battery life on these Buds are AMAZING. I don’t charge my headset for 2-3 days of heavy use. I take all my phone calls on my work computer using the Moto Buds, and then switch it over to my phone for the evening to take personal calls, and listen to music or watch Netflix. I was able to kill my headset’s battery in one day only once. And that was a looooooong day of continuous use, and multiple charges for my connected phone and tablet. Battery life is something I’m very impressed with for the Buds.

0 Comments

It is that time of year…the time where we celebrate the holidays with our loved ones and have fun shopping for our friends and family. Of course, you’d love to get everyone on your list something special, but how do you do that without breaking the bank? Fortunately, Sprint has you covered with outstanding gift ideas at affordable prices. I have a recommendation for you, as one of the items Sprint offers is something I have been using for a while now… the Motorola Buds.

Capture.JPG

At only $69.99 (as of 12/3/14), Motorola created an affordable, stereo Bluetooth headset and appropriately named them “Buds.” Sure, they are comprised of two ear buds, but they also can easily become someone’s best bud.

Personally, I have been using the Buds pretty much nonstop for over a month, and have been extremely pleased. Below, I comprised a list of features I enjoy the most about the Buds:

Great sound quality - For the price, Motorola has packed some awesome sound into these Buds, offering HD audio, noise isolation, and three equalizer presets.

Lightweight and comfortable - Weighing at only 1.16 ounces, you won’t even realize these Buds are around your neck. Also, if you have long hair (as I do), you won’t have an issue with the buds getting tangled, as when they are not in your ears, they magnetically stick to the end of the neckband. In addition, there are several ear bud sizes included, so you can find the perfect fit for your ears.

Amazing roaming range -Travel up to 150 feet away from your device without losing Bluetooth connectivity. I have tested this many times, and continue to be consistently pleased with the results.

Outstanding battery life - The Buds provide up to 10 hours of battery life when in use, along with an impressive 17 days of standby time! Yes, I have tested this too, and it holds true.

Simple pairing - as with all Motorola Bluetooth headsets (per my personal experience), this device is extremely simple to pair. Even the most untechsavvy individual would be able to pair the Buds, including my mother, and that says a lot!

Cosmetic appeal - The buds can easily go inside your collar and go unnoticed. Most people don’t even see that I have them on. However, should they see them, the Buds have a nice clean, sleek look.

Price - The price point is very affordable for what the Buds have to offer.

I have been using the Buds for music, calls, conference calls (when paired to my computer), and podcasts. They have made a great companion to my device and suit my device media consumption needs quite well. I could not be more pleased, and give it 5 out of 5 stars. I know that if you were to purchase the Buds as a gift, the recipient would be your new best bud!

Happy holidays and happy shopping!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

So I use my bluetooth headset about 10 hours or more per day! One of my biggest pet peves is that I lose connection when i go downstairs or into another room, or even outside when connected to my PC or phone. The amazing thing with the Moto Buds is that I get 150 foot range! Compared to most bluetooths that average around 33 feet, this is outstanding. I can go outside, downstairs, into other rooms and be perfectly fine. Now the other thing about this is that even my walls dont break up my connection like the other bluetooths that I have had. If you want to stay connected, these are bluetooth headsets you want! This headset will take you places you have never been before (Without disconnecting)

These headphones give me what matters most, mobility and reliability! Highly recommend based on just this alone!

Your Product Ambassador Team

And remember follow me if you want to see more reviews on the Moto Buds and many more devices!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions

of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community

members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Overall the Moto Buds have been a great headset. Let me just briefly go over a few things as I close my reviews on this great Bluetooth headset.

1. The Range: As I said in my first review, the 150 range is just incredible. It comes in very handy when I have my heaset hooked up to my laptop and I need to walk into the other room or another office. Walls and range is no longer a factor!

2. The battery: Since I use my headset for work, I use it for many hours. 10+ hours per day of constant use. On top of that, I never need to charge it really. I charge it before I go to bed, just to ensure that I have full battery for the next day of work.

3. The comfort: My last review I went more into detail of the comfort. I really enjoy the fact that the headset does not move around or slide off my neck when I am using it. This is a HUGE plus for me.

4. The Looks: I would say that the looks could be a bit better, but not horrible. Most people do not notice I have one on (Especially when I am wearing a black shirt)

Overall i really have no big complaints about this device. I have been very pleased with it and will continue to use it in my day to day work and in my personal time.

Your Product Ambassador Team

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.

They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador

shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions

of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community

0 Comments

I will admit that when I first got my Moto Buds I was on the fence about the comfort level, but this soon changed.

Moto Buds.jpg

Photo provided by Engadget.com

Maybe it is that I have a big neck, im not sure, but at first it seemed a little tight, but after a couple of days it grew on me. Now i actually prefer it. the fit of the Moto buds are snug, not tight, just snug (I still cannot tell that they are on). this actually is a benefit and I will tell you why. Unlike other Bluetooth neck headsets this one does not slide around or fall off like the others I have tried. I can jump around, walk, drive, Etc. without having to worry about my headset falling off my neck. This makes the Moto Buds great for things like jogging or working out as well.

I use my Buds mainly for work, but they are so comfortable for me, that i normally just wear them throughout the day. I can do anything in them and they do not grow uncomfortable, or anything! The fit is perfect and the comfort is superb!

Your Product Ambassador Team!

0 Comments

If you are like me and guilty of skipping past the product documentation included in the packaging and own a pair of the Motorola Buds then these tips are going to be a nice surprise and delight.  While poking around attempting to decide what to write about I stumbled upon a two button functions that I didn't know about for weeks.  Shame on me for not finding these earlier but let my folly be your gain.   The picture below illustrate these hidden gems which you will find stage left when wearing the Buds, if you have a hard time seeing the text select the pic to get a larger image.  As always if you have any questions don't hesitate to post a comment. 

The buttons.jpg

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

The accessory space is getting very crowded, with wearables, battery pakcs and ofcourse, audio product. One of the oldest accessories we are used to are headphones. Back in the day every phone sold came with a run of the mill wires, so unless you occasionally needed to have a private conversation, those were worthless.

Then started the bluetooth era of headphones and audio products. They totally changed the game on how we consume media content or make calls. A few big players took over the market, not leaving much room to play.

Motorola has been launching some amazing products lately, from their award winning Moto X phone to their Sliver bluetooth earpieces. However in the crowded space of stereo headphones, Moto was just not present, until now! Behold Moto Buds!

buds-white-540.pngmoto-buds-bluetooth-headset-front-motbudhst?$acc-lg$&fmt=jpeg&wid=565&hei=565&bgc=ebeeee&qlt=75

Available in 2 colors, black and white, these are a very sleek set of headsets that I really enjoy using. Unlike other competitor products, their wires are the flat, no tangle type and the earphones stick to a magnetic tips at the ends of the device. there isnt much cable so there isnt much hanging going on, if you know what I mean.

As far as sound quality goes, its a Motorola product. They have always spent the right amount of time and effort to optimize the hardware for excellent sound quality and these Buds are no different. The sound is clear and precise. Enough said.

The buttons on the headset have a very nice click to them and are easy to use once you figure out which is which. A power button sits in the underside of the headset in the middle in the back. Its a push and hold type and I wish it was more of a standard on/off toggle switch like the other guy. Also you kinda have to take them off in order to turn them on or off due to teh position of the button.

Finally, the device is a bit tight for guys with big necks like mine. Besides that, its a solid headset. I am looking forward to using them on a regular basis and will provide more feedback soon.

Until next time.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

I have been wearing the Motorola Buds for a couple of weeks now and I have really enjoyed them. They are so comfortable to wear around my neck that I forget they are there.

phphblkbp.png

This morning as I was leaving the house for work I was looking around for them when I realized I had them on already. I like to pair my Motorola Buds up with my tablet to watch part of a show or something while I am enjoying my lunch.... so is it a problem to have a Bluetooth stereo headset so comfortable that you forget they are there? I don't think so. I find myself often looking for them when I already have them around my neck.

Here is a video I found from Motorola with more information on the Motorola Buds

Christmas is around the corner and set of Motorola Buds would be perfect for someone looking for comfort and great sound at the same time. Go check them out and let us know what you think of them...

Thanks,

Blue

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Capture.PNG

Its been a fun few weeks and these headsets really grew on me. In one of my other blogs I stated that I am not really a fan of BT headsets, nothing against them just never really got into using them. However, I love these

Moto Buds, I use them daily and they are really convenient, especially when driving. The battery life on them is phenomenal. I've only charged them two times since I've received them, right around 3-3/12 weeks ago. The call quality is clear and I've never experienced an issue where I couldn't make out what the person on the other end was saying even in a loud environments. I would say that one of my complaints is that music thru these aren't the best in the world its not bad but it could be better. all in all they do a great job and are easy to use.

Check out some of the user reviews over at Engadget as well as the full review at Android Central

Motorola Buds Wireless Headphones review - Engadget

engadget.PNG

0 Comments

ai8l-800.jpgThe Motorola Buds have impressed me with noise cancellation  I have used multiple Bluetooth headsets before and they cannot compare to the Moto Buds in this area.  I have had my windows down and have 1 ear piece in my ear and I can still hear a phone call or music in my ear, The other headsets I have had,  I would have to roll the windows up and turn the radio down.  After having these Buds for over 3 weeks and getting over the change in buttons from the LG Tone+ I can honestly say I am Impressed.  Try them out in a store you won't be disappointed they are a great set of Bluetooth head phones.   A bonus perk if you listen to music at work you can cancel out all of your co-workers chatter.

Thank you for reading!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Ya cambio todo...Budspuestos.jpg

Para mi, los Motorola Buds se han convertido a un acesorio indisponible.

Primero, son muy comodos.  Se pone el collar y no se siente y casi no se nota.  Los mismos parlantes tienen magnet para que se queda en la punta del collar, osea que no es necesario mantener los audifonos en sus orejas.

Segundo, la calidad del sonido es muy alta.  No son como otros audifonos que casi se le reviente la oreja, pero el sonido es MUY claro y suficiente para escuchar musica, libros, o para llamadas telefonicas.

Tercero, la distancia que se puede alejarse del telefono mientras que este conectado es increible.  150 piedes es BASTANTE.  Me di cuenta de la distancia y la calidad del senal cuando corte' toda la grama afuera de mi casa mientras que el telefono estaba en mi dormitorio! Increible!

Finalmente, es mucho mas sutil que un equipo de Bluetooth que se mantiene en la oreja.  Basicamente se puede esconder el collar con la ropa y como se explico' antes, no hay que mantener los audifonos el las orejas.

Si estan buscando un equipo de Bluetooth para escuchar musica y manejar llamadas, deben investigar esta opcion.  Aun que no son los mas baratos, tampoco recomiendo algo muy barato porque los audifonos baratos se rompen demasiado facil.  Estos son suficiente resistente para usar todo el dia, todos los dias, y la calidad del producto es tan buena que no pienso cambiarlos mientras que me duren.

Gracias!

D

Descargo de responsabilidad: Los embajadores de los productos son empleados de Sprint de muchas partes diferentes de la empresa que aman la tecnología. Se ofrecen como voluntarios para probar todo tipo de dispositivos de Sprint y ofrecer opiniones libremente a la Comunidad. Cada Embajador Producto comparte sus propias opiniones de estos dispositivos, por lo tanto, la información en este post no refleja necesariamente las opiniones de Sprint. Las áreas protegidas no son comunicaciones corporativas, atención, apoyo técnico, gestión de producto o de marketing de producto y no se debe esperar a responder a miembros de la comunidad en la capacidad de cualquiera de estos papeles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Its been 3 weeks since I opened the box and put aside my heavily used LG Tone 700s. My litmus test for a device is whether I would keep it and buy it as a gift. I am not a person who would gift a device that I personally do not endorse.

I am here to tell you that I personally endorse the Motorola Buds, it will be on my Christmas gift list for some of my lucky loved ones that are not on Santa's naughty list. The great sound, form factor and the price point make it a definite buy for this holiday season.

The buds lets those busy people walk around while being able to listen to music and answer calls all the while being hands free.

The best freedom to me is being able to answer a call without having to bend your head to the left or right side which may save you from Chiropractor bills. For those who are looking for a good device to purchase this year, consider this reviewer's statement of "Buy the Motorola Buds"

Thanks

Stan George

Sprint Launch Ambassador

0 Comments

buds mic.jpgThe microphone on the Motorola Buds is located on the left arm, on the inside.  It's a small black slot.  It's an interesting design choice - where do you put the microphone on an around the neck headset?

On my old Plantronics Altec Lansing Backbeat headset, the microphone was located on the edge of one of the ear pieces - and was constantly getting blocked by my oversized ears, causing muffled sound.  With the microphone on the collar piece of the Buds, it should pick up your voice more clearly.

In reality, it's quite variable in performance.  If you are moving around, the collar piece will rub against your clothing, causing interesting sounds to be broadcast on your conference call.  If you're facing to the right or leaning back while speaking, your voice becomes distant.  In typical use, facing straight ahead with little movement, the sound quality is acceptable.   For improved quality, just be sure no clothing is blocking the microphone.  Additionally, you can lift up the left arm of the headset ensuring the mic is closer to your mouth.

I've read some cautions from folks who like to wear the Buds under their collar to conceal them more -- this will block the microphone and cause poor audio quality on calls.

This headset isn't designed for the conference call road warrior, but it has acceptable voice performance with the collar mounted microphone.

0 Comments

A lot has been discussed about how the Motorola Buds are a 'Class 1' Bluetooth device, giving a theoretical range of 150 feet, compared to the typical 30 to 40 feet of a regular Bluetooth headset.  In the office, I've paired them with both the LG G3 Vigor and an older Samsung S3.  With the Vigor, I got about 140 feet away before dropping music; with the older S3, I got about 120 feet away.  This is in typical cube land with metal cube walls and high RF noise levels from phones, other BT devices and ubiquitous WiFi.

Really amazing range on the Buds!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I have had the LG HBS700 for over a year, and it is the record because I used to go through one of those Bluetooth earphone once every few months; they fell out of my ear and I would not notice until it was too late. The LG has been an excellent companion around my neck. The only thing is that my daughters always complain when I have my photos taken and having that black thing around the neck. Hopefully, having the Motorola Buds with a sleeker design, I would get less complaints

In the photos above the left side is the LG HBS700 and the right side is the Buds.

The Buds has a leaner design with a bit more art in it.  For both headsets the ear buds are attached to the ends of the unit by a magnet.  The Buds does not have the semi enclosure but with a strong magnet I found the ear buds pieces are firmly attached to the unit more so than the LG.  Overall the Buds has a nicer design.

For sound quality, I think the Buds has a clearer sound than the LG when I am listening to the music. I think partly because my LG is one of the early design and was not built with the sound quality bells and whistles.  On phone calls, I have mixed responses for the buds, some people say my voice came through clear, some other say they cannot hear it sometime; whereas on the LG people say the voice through phone calls are ok.

The Buds design provide less wiring dangling around your neck.  However, I find that it is a bit more awkward for me to pull the ear piece and place it into my ear than the LG.

On the user interface front, the LG has two other features which I dearly miss:

1. The LG actually vibrates around your neck when there is an incoming call.  The Buds relies on the phone incoming call notification. I found that I have missed more incoming calls on the Buds vs. the LG.
  2. I can find out the battery status on the LG by pressing and hole the lower volume button, the LG would come with 3 colors: Red (low), Pink (mid), Blue (high or almost full)

After almost 3 weeks using the Buds, I still have not decided which one I am going to use.  On the one hand I prefer the Buds for the sound quality and sleeker design, on the other hand I think the LG with the two features makes it a more useable device.  Maybe I can tell you in a couple of weeks, which one I will keep.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

buds-white-540.png

(source)
Out of all the ear buds I have used throughout the years, regardless of being wired or wireless, the

Motorola Buds are the, unequivocally, the most comfortable out of any of them. The way they fit in

the ear allows for secure listening to music while jogging, or binge watching Netflix on the toilet for

hours (don't ask). So, is this comfortability just in my head (I mean, literally, it is, but you know what

I mean), or is there a quantifiable reason I can wear these for hours on end, forgetting they are 

even in there? Here is your answer: Microadjustability.

"What is micro-adjustability and how do I make it work?

Each person’s ear anatomy is unique. That means that getting a good seal in the ear can be difficult
if designed for one size fits all. 

The ear tip on Buds actually swerves when pressure is applied to it. What this means is that when the
bud is placed into your ear, it makes very slight adjustments to locate itself in the proper direction
for your ear canal. This is great for fit and stability, it helps improve the quality of the seal to the
ear and as a result helps to increase the quality of the sound.

The best thing about it is that you do not have to actually do anything to make this work for you. Just
put it in the ear and let the buds do all the work." (source)

There you have it. The sweet, sweet caress of the Motorola Buds will make you say "I've had these in for

that long?!" when the device tells you the battery is running low. Seriously, though, if comfort is your game,

then you have to play with the Motorola Buds. You will not regret it.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

I’d like to tell you a story about a boy and his buds. His Motorola Buds that is!! Okay, not much of a story teller, but these Buds are AWESOME!

Motorola has launched a brand new set of wireless, Bluetooth connected earbuds. The design is a horseshoe that rests comfortably on your shoulders, with magnetically attached earbuds conveniently stuck to the ends for easy access and storage. This is my first experience with headphones of this design, and I have to say: I’m thoroughly impressed. For wireless earbuds, this is the only style that makes sense!

But let me back up a bit. The contour of headset fits my neck perfectly, and rests ever so subtly around the base of my neck. The device doesn’t seem as flexible as some would like (ie people with larger necks than mine!) Motorola has kept the Buds rigid and lightweight, causing me to forget they’re on my person until a call comes in. For me, I can’t imagine a more comfortable set of headphones that are always available.

As I stated above, the earbuds are attached to the ends of the horseshoe via magnetics. These aren’t your Grandma’s magnets! Unless of course your Grandma was into strong magnets, then they might be. The magnets do a great job holding onto the buds during the hustle and bustle of a normal day. The Buds have even found their way back to their magnetic home on their own when I just pull them out of my ears and let them hang. Now, I’ll be clear here, the lines are retractable, and the magnet isn’t so strong you’ll throw off people’s compasses or anything, But they provide a great hold to keep your Buds in place while you do whatever it is you do! Note: When wearing a coat, I’ve noticed that the collar can sometimes separate the Buds from the magnet, but I believe this to be the exception to the rule.

When removing the Buds, you will notice that the reach of lines may not be sufficient to be able to turn your head. I was a little worried at first that Motorola had overlooked this movement, and the Buds would only be useful while looking straight ahead. However, Motorola HAS taken this into consideration with their design. There is a little rubber band on each arm of the horseshoe that is moveable to allow the wires more flexibility and longer reach. I have no issues with the Buds being pulled out of my ear when turning to look both directions, and the occasional headbanging in the car.

That’s all I have for now. As far as reach, comfort, and design; The Motorola Buds get an A-+ for me. Only nit-picky thing would be to allow for more comfort for the ones with slightly larger necks!

0 Comments

Life got in the way and I forgot to use the Motorola Buds for the past couple days.  Really, about three weeks now!  Man, time flies. Even better, I'd left them powered up in the cabinet.

I'd fully charged them and played music over them for about an hour, then let them sit in the cabinet.  Fired them back up today, pressed and held both volume buttons and got a voice report that it still had over 4 hours playback time!  That's the kind of standby time I like!

1 Comment

budsbox.jpgWe (the Product Ambassadors) received a set of high end Bluetooth headphones, the Motorola Buds, to try out.  Juvenile drug references aside, these should be some of my new favorite headphones for music and online radio listening.   With their around the neck design, they move the weight and bulk off your ears or head down to your collar.  Only the ear piece comes up to your ear.  I've been using Bluetooth Stereo earphones since the Motorola M9 series, graduating to the Altec Lansing Backbeat 9xx from Plantronics, and now to the Moto Buds. Normally, I'll listen to music at the desk over my Grado SR-60's or Sennheiser studio earphones.  I'm kind of a bigot about sound quality and noise isolation.

In the box, you find a simple frustration free package consisting of the headphones, a USB dongle and a ‘get started’ guide.  The ear tips are noise-isolating rubber, and three (small, medium and larger) are included in the package.  They recommend charging the headphones before use, but with no charger, how do you do that?  Fortunately, the USB port is standards compliant, allowing you to re-purpose your existing phone charger, tablet charger or a spare USB charger you have around.  The short dongle could work in a pinch too.

Pairing is as simple as holding the rear power button until the status light flashes blue.  Within a few seconds of finishing charging, I had the Buds paired to my LG G3 Vigor and playing streaming music off my Amazon library.  Sound quality is clean and clear and they play nearly loud enough to satisfy a live music fan like me.  Comfort is excellent, no weight or bulk on your ears and no heavy wires wrapping around your head.  Both the Moto M9 and the Altec headphones had weight and bulk problems. These fit the bill for comfortable all day headphones!

0 Comments

buds_overview.PNG

Features:

• 150 foot extended wireless range--roam to the kitchen for a snack
  • Lightweight - 1.2 ounces
  • Comfortable wrap-around style
  • Adjustable Ear Stems
  • 10 Hour Battery Life
  • Magnetic tips
  • 3 EQ preset--for awesome sound

Overview

The Motorola Buds are a lightweight bluetooth headset with superior sound quality. Pause music to take calls with a touch of a button. Use easy access buttons answer/disconnect calls, control volume and music track selection. The unique style wraps around your neck keeps the weight of the battery off your ears. Ideal for mobility for just walking around the office or walking, biking, running or other outdoor activites. The magnetic tips keep the earbuds secure and out of the way when not in use. Pairing with bluetooth is simple, just turn on the headset and connect with your phone's bluetooth setting. If it's not connected, it's automatically in pairing mode.

My take

I have used the buds for a couple of weeks now and I really think the sound is great. They sound better than the plug-in type ear buds I normally use. The size of the headset is small and can almost completely be hidden by a shirt collar. The battery life is long enough that you can easily use them all day or like I do for a few hours over several days without charging. I do not like over the ear type earphones, so this style earbuds are my preference. My ears don't feel tired or get hot using the Buds. They come with 3 different sizes plastic tips which make them even more comfortable as you chose the right size for you.

Other Reviews

9.6/10 Engadget Users: http://www.engadget.com/products/motorola/buds-wireless-headphones/

Android Central: http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-buds-review

Amazon.com 3.7/5 User reviews

The bottom line

If you are looking for an affordable bluetooth headset to listen to music, podcasts or audio books that is comfortable to wear and sounds great - definitely check these out!

0 Comments

motorola-buds-1024x574.png

Having the Moto Buds have made talking on the phone way less of a hassle. In the age of quick replies to text messages, talking on the phone is no fun to me anymore. I have never been a fan of holding the phone up to my ear for an extended period of time. Plus if you want to get something done, it will have to be one handed or your shoulder and neck holding the phone up. Speaker phone is an option but I always have the caller say they can hear themselves speak, nobody wants that distraction. With the incredible distance and clarity of the Moto Buds, catching up with family/friends is easier than ever. I live states away from most of my family and this is very nice to talk and catch up and be able to work around the house and leaving my phone on a table in the house. Having both my hands free to get chores done around the house. I typically leave my phone on the kitchen counter in the middle of my house. I can freely walk into any room of my house even the garage with no cut out or signal interruption. I was able to catch up with my father while organizing my tool set that I have had for a year or more and it was driving me nuts. With the Moto Buds I don’t have to be tethered to my phone or run to it when the phone rings.