Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6
- Lapdock support
- Enhancements to image appearance when pictures are taken in panorama mode
- Support for Gtalk with video
- Forwarded messages are properly identified as being forwarded
- Improved audio quality with car speakers when connected to a car charger and audio
- Introduction of international roaming 3G UMTS hotspot functionality for a single Wi-Fi enabled device
- The new software version is: 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6
- A notification will be sent to the device when the update is available
- Updates are released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,
check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device
- Refer to the Motorola Photon Software Updates blog for install instructions
10/25 UPDATE: As reported, some devices have been unable to install this update. Sprint and Motorola are diligently working to resolve the issue soon.
Additional information will be posted here when it becomes available.
11/1 UPDATE: This software update has been re-released and can now be installed to devices that didn't originally receive it or devices that were unable
to install it the first time around. It will begin being pushed to devices in approximately 48 hours. In the interim, you can manually check
for the update as noted in the Motorola Photon Software Updates blog
1. Are you located in the US currently?
2. Try starting the Sprint Zones Application and see if it connects
3. Have you tried powering the phone off and back on?
4. Have you tried to put the phone in Airplane mode momentarily?
5. Was the update done over 3G, 4G or WiFi?
Message was edited by: Moto_Mark
I just got my Photon a couple days ago. The phone is not rooted and is currently on Build Number 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_6.
The update says it is available for download, then downloads and asks to be installed. I choose to install it and the phone reboots. It then goes to the progress screen, gets to about 20%, and then shows the triangle with exclamation mark inside of it. It then reboots and pops up a message saying update failed.
I read on another forum to hold down the volume up and down buttons to get the error message. Here it is...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk", "96a3dd49051c5b6cf5e31fd080d2f1398157f02c", "485f579b3476f156630d72fcc1564737f2029a40")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.45.2.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US.zip
I installed ASTRO File Manager and checked to see if the apk was there, and I can confirm it was in that directory so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Please post the file name exactly as you see it in Astro including corresponding capitalization. Icon should be Cog wheel. Is there also another file with a paper with a folded left corner? Please provide that file name as well.
Open the App Manager and profile the
Ok, the cog wheel is "AccountAndSyncSettings.apk" and the paper is "AccountAndSyncSettings.odex"
In ASTRO, the file sizes for each are 54,946 and 43,496, respectively. Both have modified dates of 8/31/2011.
In the app manager it's listen as...
Account and Sync Setting
Total Size 0.00B
Got this output from App Dragon... it does not list most of the preinstalled apps which are Accounts, Alarm & Timer, Books, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Camcorder, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Downloads, Email, Files, Gallery, Gmail, Google Search, Help Center, Manage SIM card, Maps, Market, Messaging, Mobile Hotspot, Music, News, Phone Portal, Quickoffice, Social Networking, Sprint ID, Sprint Mobile Wallet, Sprint Worldwide, Sprint Zone, Talk, Task Manager, Tasks, Text Messaging, Voice Commands, Voice Search, Voicemail, Webotop Connector, & Youtube... phew...
Amazon MP3 (2.0.12)
Angry Birds (1.6.0)
Angry Birds (1.6.3)
App Dragon (1.22)
Barcode Scanner (3.53)
Chrome to Phone (2.2.0)
Fruit Ninja (1.5.4)
Google Reader (1.0.3)
Google Sky Map (1.6.4)
Google Voice (0.4.2.36)
Key Ring (5.1.1)
SiriusXM Internet Radio (1.6.2)
Speed Test (2.0.6)
Sprint TV & Movies (1.0)
TegraZone Games (2.4.3)
TuneIn Radio Pro (5.0)
Words Free (4.03)
Hi to all
After this update i can´t turn wifi on !!!!! "wifi ERROR"
Please Help Me !!!!!
I had the same trouble last night but after rebooting my phone it worked again. I also could not use 3G or 4G data after the update for about two hours! Finally that started working again too.