cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/12 - Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6

Patron

November 3, 2011-I was notified this morning on my phone of the latest update Version.4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6. I turned on WiFi and was able to easily download this latest software (about 6 minutes). I had a full battery charge.  Next, I clicked on INSTALL and in 4 minutes it installed perfectly and rebooted.  No problems with any part of this update.  FYI from the Dallas Texas area.  The phone works great.

Journeyman

Newest update worked for me. Here's my backstory if anybody cares:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/352710#352710 (post 18 on this thread)

Journeyman

Re: 10/12 - Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6

Mark, When I press both volume buttons the information scrolls by too fast.  All I am able to catch is installation aborted.  I also have a problem with none of my apps showing in the market. 

Journeyman

Let me be blunt… When the….  is Sprint and Motorola going to fix the FAILING Motorola Photon Software - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6 Update.

For me, as of 9 am pst today, Nov 5, this update still FAILES to install I have reported that problem to Sprint.

I have taken the phone in to the sprint service center and the issue is still not resolved and we are now in to month two; yet Sprint and particularly Motorola seem to vacillate between condescending lackadaisicalness and arrogant indifference.

While the fix for this problem is well known on the web, but Sprint and Motorola will not acknowledge it.

Sprint and Motorola need to get the FIX process in place ASAP and out to the Sprint service centers now so they can flash the Photon back to the base original Rom (the known Fix) and THEN let the phone retake the OTA updates and get this issue resolved…

Acknowledge this is a bigger problem then you first hoped and you are not going to fix it by a simple OTA push alone.

Sprint and Motorola are responsibility to fix this issue in a professional and TIMELY(stress TIMELY) manner, not string customers along.(You need to step up)

I’m a network engineer and customer facing Telco manager with 30 plus years in the industry.

Sprint and Motorola's respond to this problem has been weak and pathetic…

And you wonder why the demand in the android community for unlocked phones so they can fix their own problems.

You are breaking the golden rule of customer service…treat the customer like you would want to be treated when you are the customer……would you want two months of broke promises(fix date) and a broken phone ?...

Company's that break the golden rule of customer service soon have their own "gold" problems...sound like any two company's we know?

Journeyman

Like others, my wife's phone, which wouldn't complete the original update, was able to complete the latest version of the update without a problem. So some (but apparently not complete) progress has been made on the problem.

eric

Journeyman

I actually took a picture of the failure because the screen flashes by too quickly.  I hope this is helping in figuring this out.  The update keeps being pushed to my phone and fails everytime.

IMG_20111104_192139.jpg

Journeyman

Still no ability to update.   It appears Motorola has given up on us.

Journeyman

I recently aquired the Photon despite the mixed reviews. The phone smoked thru all three upgrades,no heating and no sleeping issues. VERY happy with this phone and great battery life fot a loaded Smartphone.

Journeyman

Still does not work.  Throws an error that states that the certificate is invalid. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Download RSD lite and the sbf file for 198-6, get a quality USB A/Micro B cable (not the stock cable), and install the update yourself...more reliable than the OTA or the service center (although this is what they do).  Plenty of youtube videos to guide you through the process.

Patron

I did the same thing.  I have no idea that I'm not the only one that has the same problem with the latest update. I tried updating my photon 4g literally 5 times, but it failed! So I decided to risk everything and do a factory reset 2x, download the update again, install it....and guess what? "Installation Failed!"

Is the update even real? I have a feeling that the update is false and it is just messing with our minds.  Motorola, fix what you started!!

Journeyman

googleservicesframework.apk is missing or is altered. That is the reason for your failure cdoubleop.

Mark

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat