cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/12 - Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6

Journeyman

I am having this exact same problem. I tried factory-reset twice and still getting the same error. After reading this forum, I tried holding down the volume up and down buttons and got the same error.

I got the phone (not replacement) about a week ago and other than installing bunch of apps, I haven't done anything unusual with my phone.

System version:

45.2.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US

Build number

4.5.A-1_SUN-154_6

Journeyman

I have the same problem, tried wiping the device and the cache and it still does not update. The error message is this

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk", "96a3dd49051c5b6cf5e31fd080d2f1398157f02c", "485f579b3476f156630d72fcc1564737f2029a40")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.45.2.7.MB855.Sprint.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem......it fails after about 20% installation.......   I have hard reset the device 2-3 times still happens......i have connected to our home wifi ......still happens.....

I am within my 14days and probbaly with the iphone out ....will return the photon (although I like the device) and get the IPHONE unless Motorola fixes this within the next 3 days (my 14 days is out on 10.19.11

Journeyman

Re: 10/12 - Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6

I'm having the same issue as bdc7 except for i got the 45.3.6.en.us update! what is that? but still after I download the update, it reboots and begins installation, It then goes to the progress screen, gets to about 20%, and then shows the triangle with exclamation mark inside of it. It then reboots and pops up a message saying update failed.

Journeyman

Mark,how about a novel idea. RECALL these Phones until such time as you have a  demonstratable CURE for the issue. Which is FAR from isolated.

Journeyman

I recently received a replacement phone from Asurion, are they doing anything to modify the software?

I have not done anything to modify the phone in any way PLEASE HELP!

I am also getting the same error:

Finding update package...
Opening update Package...
Verifying current system...
Installing update...
Verifying current system
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("\system\app\Accountandsyncsettings.apk". " 485f579b3476f156630d72fcc1564737f2029a40")
E:Error in \cache\blur_version.45.2.7.MB855.sprint.en.us.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Journeyman

My phone seems to be running noticeably warmer and draining battery at insane rates after this software update.

My software updated without any problems--however, after installing it, phone idle ate 34% of my battery in 3 hours--I didn't do anything with the device during the time. It just sat in my pocket, dying. It also became noticibly warm. I checked my task manager and nothing bizarre there.

My phone was rooted. I ran Root Check and it indicated I no longer had root access. I thought anything that required root access (like SuperUser) was probably sucking up extra juice while trying (and failing) to do whatever it normally does with root access.

So I did a complete factory reset and then unrooted my phone.

After booting up the phone again, it was back to like it was when I got it at Best Buy... the Android Market is even the old version (and won't update for some reason). I restored my app catalog (with exception to SuperUser) and let my phone charge. I noticed my phone felt warmer than usual coming off the charger, so I let it sit and cool on a counter. I picked it up and it felt fine, so I started cruising around on the internet. The phone became warmer and warmer as I used it, which it's never done before this update. Even streaming Netflix didn't cause the device to heat up previously. Using anything on this device seems to cause the battery to jump up to 37 or 38 degrees after this update.

Basically... what the heck. I'm lost.

Journeyman

Mark,  Why doesn't Motorola put this on their website for download and install by USB ?  Will that work? 

Journeyman

I purchased new Photon on Saturday and it would not update.   This was started at the store before any apps were loaded.

Mark, should I return the phone?

Journeyman

I just bought my Photon on 10/15 and am having the same problem.  I have done nothing with the phone yet except try to install the update and I am also getting this same issue.  I just called a Sprint store to talk to a rep who I knew had a Photon of his own and he said he installed this update without issue.

Moto_Mark - any update- you said you are not going anywhere but I haven't seen a post from you to this thread since 10/15?

Journeyman

I've noticed people who are experiencing this issue are people who recently bought their Photon, within 2 weeks or less of the update.  I too was 4 days prior to the update.

Journeyman

@vasentak

I too have this problem (wifi error) after every reboot.  I usually wait a little bit (2 minutes) then enable 4g.  For some reason this allows me to turn on wifi.  I am out of the country on gsm.  I don't if this is the reson i will find out when I come back to the states tomorrow.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat