cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G radio constantly locks itself in the off state

Highlighted
Journeyman

4G radio constantly locks itself in the off state

Normally I keep the 4G radio off since the 4G service isn't great around 60156 even though Sprint says that zip is covered. Plus I'm normally at work or home where there is wifi. I'm not even gonna get started on the bad quality voice calls that always seam to get dropped anyway...that'll be another post for another time.

If I leave the 4G radio on, eventually it turns itself off, goes to sleep, whatever it does, but then when it does, trying to turn it back on doesn't do anything. It just spins for about 35 seconds and goes right back to off. I have to reboot the phone if I want to be able to turn it on again. Most of the time I'll just leave it off, and when I do try to turn it on, same thing, spins and never does turn on...gotta reboot the phone to get the 4G radio to turn on. From my past experiences calling Spint support, I'm not gonna waste my time, completey pointless. So...anyone else see this and is there any way to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: 4G radio constantly locks itself in the off state

Mine was doing that - a quick power cycle fixed it.  Turn it off, wait a minute, turn it back on.  Fixed! 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why should I have to power cycle my phone any time I want to use 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having this problem and found an app (zombie something or other...lol) that was running in the background constantly for no good reason.  Once I deleted the app my problem went away.  You may want to use the task manager app and see if it is an app issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel the same way!  I really hope Motorola fixes this problem when the ICS firmware upgrade finally is made available, if not sooner!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat