Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/11 - Motorola Photon 4G Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13

Highlighted
Master

7/11 - Motorola Photon 4G Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13

otorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13

Enhancements/Fixes:

- More easily import contacts from SD card.

- Improved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the

phone - minimizes occasional skips or repeats

- Enhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode and adding new WiFi connections.

- Now supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback.

- Easier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone.

Important Notes:

- The new software version is:4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13

- A notification will be sent to the device when the update is available

- Updates are released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,  

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

- Refer to the Motorola Photon Software Updates blog for install instructions

42 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 7/11 - Motorola Photon 4G Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13

This is a joke right? The last update can't be downloaded , no feedback from Motorola as why the last update is not availible and now a new update is ready... you guys are really trying my patience....

Journeyman

The last "update" never made it out of the SOAK test. This has the same exact changelog as the 45.4.12 build, but I'm guessing some bugs that were found were fixed for this one.

Journeyman

But the result is the same...I try to update the phone and "your phone already has the lastest version" or "check for update is not availible at this time"    again very frustrating at the lack of communication about this issue...

Journeyman

I just updated my Photon and it will no longer boot past the Dual Core screen.

Took out the battery and put it back in and tried again and still the same result.

Journeyman

Glad the update was finally released however none of those things this update makes enhancements for ever caused any issues for me.  I don't use an SD card, don't run the phone in GSM mode, don't create calendar meetings, and don't use it for music playbook.  I guess the HD video recording is nice and I might benefit from that.  But was hoping the update would fix the actual bugs on the phone such as the text messaging time stamp bug (when phone is turned off and you receive texts that were sent while the phone was off, you have no way of knowing what time those texts were actually sent).  Also the phone has MAJOR trouble sending out texts when incoming texts are coming in.  The outgoing texts end up timing out with an error message after making you wait forever.  These problems never happened on my previous phones so I know they are bugs with this phone.  Also the 4G and even 3G data intermittent goes dead (for no reason) and that can be frustrating when you are trying to view facebook, etc.

Journeyman

I too have experienced every single one of these issues.

I got excited when I saw that there was a new update because I thought we might actually be getting a newer version of android, nope. 

Instead I get no serious bug fixes and enhancements I'll never use.  Oh, and also a phone that I can't currently use because it won't boot.

Journeyman

The Andorid version is actually one version newer but it didn't make any noticeable changes to me.  *yawn*

Journeyman

Just a note, this breaks root. And locks the bootloader down even tighter.

Not sure why they insist on doing this, I need root to use things like Titanium Backup. So it's a real pain in the...to have to hope someone gets around to finding an exploit.

Between sprints horrific service since the iPhone (often I roam on Verizon's 1x because it's faster than Sprint EVDO Rev A, and WiMax was just being deployed in my region when they cut it) and sprint playing games with at the very least root (i couldn't care less about the bootloader, but...)

I'm almost considering going back to Verizon. They screw you as well, but their network is up and running.

Journeyman

I performed the update last night - set it to download when I went to bed.  May be a coincidence, however as soon as the update installed I began getting bogus text messages.  Woke me up 5 times before I figured out how to blacklist the message.  Been getting the message ever since...

Plus, now that I've read more about the update, it does NOTHING of any use.  An update should actually address true issues!