Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/23 - Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

Wizard

Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Improvements to voice calling to eliminate inadvertent voice calls defaulting to mute

- Improve stability, resulting in fewer occurrences of unresponsiveness

- Bluetooth support for mono headsets with the Sprint Visual Voicemail application

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

- The customer may initiate the update or wait until a notification is sent to the device

- Updates are released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,  

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

- Refer to the Motorola Photon Software Updates blog for install instructions

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Think Ill wait to see if there are any problems... last time I clicked update... I got a bricked phone.

Journeyman

Installed the update without any issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Installed without issue. Working good so far.

Journeyman

I hope this fixes the problem I have with not being able to hear the caller. Very annoying because I have important medical calls and cannot have this happen. I get a call and it sounds like the other party is just muted completely. Nothing on the opther end, but I dont know if they hear me. I have to reboot and pull battery to fix!!

Journeyman

well, I installed it... wow took a long time so its a big update..

I tried to start wifi said 'error in the menu next to the switch.'. eventually resolved and ok now. So dont worry. You should only have positive effects from this update. Especially if it fixes the muted caller problems.

-J

Wizard

Thanks for the info!

Too busy these days to check but will apply the update soon

Journeyman

I get muted callers sometimes, too. Hopefully this resolves the problem. And I must learn to stop covering the microphone on the back with my finger so my callers can here me! Kind of a wierd spot for a little hole.

Journeyman

My first full day with the update, and this is my experience:

• -- Battery life has dropped significantly. After moderate use I was down to 20% in 6 hours.
  • -- Interface speed and smoothness has improved.
  • -- 4G reception has improved.

These are the things I have noticed. I had no silent call issues prior to the update, and that has not changed. My concern is the battery life. I will attempt to do some tweaking and improve the battery life.

Wizard

I downloaded this update about 2 weeks ago when it was first leaked out and installed it simply because everyone in my house has one and I need to be the guinea pig when it comes to anything Android at home. I've been beta testing it since then and I can say that it cleared up the issue with the muting call problem and it seemed snappier than before. Although I never really tested it battery wise since coming from the EVO 4G I've always have my device either plugged into the wall or with my car charger. But this weekend I did go for a road trip and the was outside for about a few hours no where near a charger. I did the same trip a few months back when I had the EVO 4G. Comparing to the EVO 4G, the Photon lasts much longer. The EVO would have died after the same 5 hours. Mind you I am a heavy user, texting, email camera but this is only my observation and not a thorough battery test.

You may want to change your battery mode settings, Menu -> Settings -> Battery & data manager -> Battery Mode

TS

Journeyman

Thanks TS. Will give that a shot.

Journeyman

the update fixed the muted call problem. but now my phone is running super slow. anyone else experiencing this also?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat