Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/23 - Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

Highlighted
Wizard

8/23 - Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

Motorola Photon Software Update - 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Improvements to voice calling to eliminate inadvertent voice calls defaulting to mute

- Improve stability, resulting in fewer occurrences of unresponsiveness

- Bluetooth support for mono headsets with the Sprint Visual Voicemail application

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

- The customer may initiate the update or wait until a notification is sent to the device

- Updates are released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,  

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

- Refer to the Motorola Photon Software Updates blog for install instructions

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

No more "muted" incoming or outgoing calls.  I am happy now.   However battery life has been affected a bit.   Not much..   just a bit.   But hey... if that what it takes to keep me from rebooting  10 times a day.. thats a fair trade to me.. as rebooting as much as I was was eating the battery a hellofalot more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I rebooted a couple of times after the update...   just for good measure... and this solved the 'slow/laggy' post update issue for me.

irkenelite007 wrote:

the update fixed the muted call problem. but now my phone is running super slow. anyone else experiencing this also?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This update was a welcomed on for me, I had the ghost call issue as well as a market force close that since installing the update I have not had problems since. A+ in my book

Highlighted
Journeyman

Installed the update and it went smoothly.........upon reboot WiFi and 4g would not turn on......removed the battery and re-installed and turned phone back on all is well and working properly.....all downloaded apps working great.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ah! Battery life has taken a hit. I used to get 2 full days with data turned off (3G, 4G, WiFi), and now get a little less than one. Disappointing!

Any one else seeing battery drain? This is noticable because my settings have remained unchanged before and after the update, and no new apps installed either!

Highlighted
Journeyman

After purchasing the Sprint Motorola Photon 4g just after Labor Day 2011, I did this OTA update almost immediatlety. I had to send the phone to Motorola repair because of the constant Sleep of Death issues and random reboots.

So far no official word has been given by Sprint or Motorola (of the official cause and fix) even after 2 weeks of contacting Sprint and Motorola via all availible means (including the forums).

I believe this update may have resolved a few issues but not the most important ones that directly affect the ability to use this device at all.

I hope Sprint and Motorola will acknowledge this obvious design flaw and find a fix immediatly and not try tonmake us wait for the next MR. The time for action  is NOW people.

Highlighted
Journeyman

hi,

Did you check your auto-kill list in the task manager? I noticed on mine that when a big update happens it clears mine. I had to re-create the auto kill list. Let us know if this fixes it...

-J

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sunny,

Why didnt they just replace your phone? If you only have had it 2 weeks then you are entitled to either get a diferrent phone (like the evo 3d), replace the broken one for another one, or simply say foget sprint and go with TMobile or something..

I havent had too many problems with the photon like you have. I am no tech by far, but if I was the one fixing your phone, I would do a factory reset, then install the updates one by one and see how it works before installing any apps.

Good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I puchased my Photon from online etailer which is why I chose to just send it to Motorola for repair. Take a look at all the other posts on other forums regarding Sleep of Death, and Random Reboots. Many people are having these issues even after updates.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat