cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headset connection through bluetooth

Go to solution
Patron

Bluetooth headset connection through bluetooth

Can any one tell me how to get the navagation to come through my bluetooth headset, everytime i try to use navagation it will only come through phone speaker, but if i try to turn my bluetooth on it turns on voice command, can anyone help me with this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

This is the official word on Sprint/Telenav and bluetooth.

Sprint Navigation (Telenav) will not send audio over any Bluetooth headset.

Why?

Each bluetooth stack on each different phone has  a slight delay, each phone with a different delay.  Some are 0.5 seconds, some are as long as 2 seconds.  If the turn-by-turn directions were sent over Bluetooth, there's a significant chance the spoken direction would be played through the bluetooth device after the turn has passed.

With all the variance in delay times, it's not possible to build Sprint Navigation to work correctly with all devices.  So, there is no bluetooth audio support in Sprint Navigation.

Sorry...Will(Sprint Admin)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

What model bluetooth headset do you have?  Which navigation application are you trying to use?  Google Navigation? or Telenav GPS Navigator? or possibly a different one?

Of course device compatibility varies, but with more information I can do some research to try to find a solution.

Highlighted
Patron

Yes i have a motorola H730 and use either tela nav or google nav

Highlighted
Patron

can you tell me what headset will work

Highlighted
Master

This is the official word on Sprint/Telenav and bluetooth.

Sprint Navigation (Telenav) will not send audio over any Bluetooth headset.

Why?

Each bluetooth stack on each different phone has  a slight delay, each phone with a different delay.  Some are 0.5 seconds, some are as long as 2 seconds.  If the turn-by-turn directions were sent over Bluetooth, there's a significant chance the spoken direction would be played through the bluetooth device after the turn has passed.

With all the variance in delay times, it's not possible to build Sprint Navigation to work correctly with all devices.  So, there is no bluetooth audio support in Sprint Navigation.

Sorry...Will(Sprint Admin)

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat