cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data streaming problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Data streaming problems

I am having issues with data streaming apps like sprint tv, pandora, youtube etc. Pandora and youtube work with wifi on. I have tried to unistall and reinstall apps. I have spoken to two different people from Sprint technical support. I hard reset my phone 2 times, updated profile and prl. Also I tried pulling out the battery. The Sprint tech suggested I return the phone and exchange it where I purchased it. I returned to the Sprint store and was told it was a known issue with the Photon. Also I was told it would work properly in 4g. Unfortunately I don't have 4g here. Has anyone experienced this problem or heard of when an update is scheduled to come out? Thanks in advance!

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ditto for me as well.  Cannot stream any multimedia content.  Stopped at local Sprint Store, very nice people, they duplicated the problem on their display model, but alas, no solution.  Called Sprint and one helpful lady said she had a potential solution, but apparently the system would not authorize her to push the "fix" to me, she tried to have her supervisor push it and the supervisor was not authorized either.  So, if this problem is not fixed soon, I will return the phone and pick up an HTC EVO - which I don't want to do.  Everything being equal, I love my Photon.  However, right now, things are not equal.  Help!

Highlighted
Wizard

I was told that the fix is to be pushed OTA on Friday, but there have been some reports that some have gotten the OTA already.

Seems its actually being pushed out now, See this thread

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/327988#327988

TS

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a big issue on Photon 4g.

I previously owned HTCEVO 3D for a month and had the same issue....but the sprint tech support helped me fix it by removing the network proxy and IP addresses for data connections. Still I had so many other issues with EVO 3D and retuned it to get this Photon 4g.

None of the online video streaming apps work including Youtube, IMDB, Sprint Tv, Pandora etc.. (Note: Youtube videos works ..only through browser and also you have to visit full site not mobile site)

I have already spent many hours talking to Tech support ...and they have no clue about this issue ..only thing they do is, they ask me to remove my battery and reinstall and update my profile.. this method works sometimes ...but not always ..

One more issue is ...You cannot browse when you are on a call on 3g n/w..

You can do browse while on 4G but not on 3g...I have tried explaining this to tech support ..but they never cared and gave mindless explanations ...

I use to browse while on call on both 3g and 4g n/ws while using EVO 3d...

I still have few more days left for my 30 days return policy ..If things do not change ..I think I have to return this one tooo....

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello!

The media streaming issue so far seems like a pretty uncommon issue, so there haven't been a lot of reports to investigate for it yet. In this case, it is not likely a network proxy issue. I have had luck with changing the data provisioning in some cases and will be more than happy to give that a try for you to see if it will address the issue. If you click on my icon or name and then select Send Private Message, we can start the process.  If not, it would be best to return the phone and ask for a thirty day exchange.

In terms of being able to use data and make phone calls at the same time, there are currently technical limitations on the 3g network that prevent simultaneous data and voice usage. It will work on the 4G side of things or if you are using data through Wifi, but it will not allow it if you are using 3g. This limitation is with any Sprint phone, including the EVO 3D and the Photon.

Highlighted
Wizard

I have checked further into this with some of our device team people and as it turns out it is a proxy issue. See what I get for speaking too quickly? There is a resolution for it and I am in the process of attempting to get that now, so I can let you guys know how to proceed on this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As of this morning my photon received an automatic update that fixed all of my streaming issues after installation.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for the update BRANDONLEE44053!

If anyone else is having issues, please attempt the update first and if it still doesn't work afterwards, let me know. If you are getting close to your thirty days and it isn't giving you the option to update over the area, a service and repair center may be able to update the phone for you.

You can locate the nearest one to you by going to : www.sprint.com/storelocator

Highlighted
Journeyman

Many thanks to Brandon, Sprint and Motorola and all the people that raised this issue.  Downloaded the update and right now, everything appears to work as intended.  I love this phone and hope there are no more issues, just improvements to a great smartphone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my Evo 3D for a month and I am having the same problem as BRANDONLEE44053. I am not happy as I have been getting the run around on this matter since I got the new phone and new, more expensive, family data plan. I am currently into my second full day working with Sprint Tech Support to resolve this issue.Very maddening especially given the fact my coworkers sit next to me and watch streaming live tv on their Verizon network with no problems.... Can you or someone resolve this for me? Please...

Message was edited by: -oursprintaccount-

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update doesn't help me for my caching issue when streaming music.  I messaged you JP.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello there ~

The streaming Grooveshark app works for me intermittently.  Then it gets stuck and spins, I get error messages, etc.  Please let me know how to proceed on the proxy issue.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am no longer experiencing any issues with Grooveshark.  At the time I was using Grooveshark v2.4.1 and having the issue.  The developers at Grooveshark must have found a solution because I am no longer experiencing the problem as of updating to version 2.4.2.  Check what version of Grooveshark you are using.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat