cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Motorola Photon 4G have MotoBlur?

Journeyman

Just curious to see if the Motorola Photon 4G has MotoBlur on it. Can you install a different launcher app if it does?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Does the Motorola Photon 4G have MotoBlur?

Yes it has Motoblur and yes you can download several launchers from the market ir you can root it (voids warranty) and install the ROM of your choice.

Journeyman

No it does not. I was told it did by the salesman and that was one of the main reasons i bought it , but when i got home and tried to access some of the moto blur features i could not find them so i call motorola and found out it does not have moto blur but does has a few of the motoblur features and they r not any of the good ones

Journeyman

I have never used or seen a true a Motoblur phone so I cannot compare, but most of what I have read about it has NOT been very positive.  The reviews I read for the Photon called it a much less intrusive version of Motoblur, which I felt was a positive factor in my decision.

Wizard

The Photon does run MotoBlur. I can't say how this version of MotoBlur differs from others, but according to Motorola the interface is MotoBlur.

-Donnie

Journeyman

Re: Does the Motorola Photon 4G have MotoBlur?

Actually, you can't really avoid it. I just "updated" the OS on my 4G, and was  (without asking) presented with a blurb for the MOTOBLUR. It said, I could accept or reject the "terms and conditions" before downloading it, so I read the "terms and conditions" and decided not to. When I tried to exit, I wasn't allowed to without "accepting". I tried everything to get away from the screen wanting my acceptance. I pushed every button, unpowered the phone, removed and replaced the battery and I couldn't get away from the screen demanding my acceptance. So I called Sprint, where a helpful associate attempted to reset my phone. --- Nothing worked, so she sent me off to tech support. They informed me that there was nothing they could do, that I needed to contact Motorola. I replied that I had nothing to do with Motorola, did not ask for this, and that Sprint had a problem by letting Motorola lock up a phone I had bought from Sprint, and was using on a Sprint service. Their answer?---Contact Motorola. As far as I'm concerned, both Sprint and Motorola stink, and should be sued. Sprint for allowing this to happen, and Motorola for doing it. I'm disgusted and pissed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat