cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync deleted emails on outlook.com w/ Photon

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to sync deleted emails on outlook.com w/ Photon

I just converted my MS hotmail.com acct to outlook.com (since hotmail will be eliminated eventually).  On my Photon, I set up the new account on Windows Hotmail Live, and everything seemed to work fine.

But when I delete an email from my Photon Inbox, the email is still in my Inbox on outlook.com online.

Does anyone know how to sync deleted outlook.com emails from the smartphone, so it'll move that item to the deleted folder on outlook.com online, just like Hotmail did?  Or is this a quirky issue Microsoft has to fix?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

Hello.  It can be a setting in the email application.  Each domain (email provider) that loads to an Android's email application will have varying settings based on the providers specifications.  Try going to your inbox - Menu - Settings.  This feature is typically labelled "Delete mail from the server when I delete mail on my phone." 

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you which settings will be available as I do know have a hotmail account.  If you have trouble finding settings, you can private message me by clicking on my avatar.  

Tom

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat