cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the Photon but....

Journeyman

Love the Photon but....

I love the motorola Photon, but I just had my first silent call today. I'm wondering if I should go back and get a new one, I still have twenty something days left since I bought it. My biggest question is; is this a hardware or software issue? If its a software issue then I'm willing to wait it out for an update but if its a hardware issue then I'm definetly going to go back and get a new one. I'm hopeing that this can be fixed through an update because the phone seems to be pretty well built and is all around a very powerful and user friendly phone. Motorola did a good job. Now come on guys and hit a homer with an update to this issue!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Love the Photon but....

My suggestion? Go back for an exchange. If the new phone has the same problem, then consider exchanging for a different make/model.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Love the Photon but....

Motorola Photon is a great phone. Except that one issue - I had a silent call too. I ended the call and redialed - and it worked.

Master

Love the Photon but....

I checked Device Known Issue Tool and found that there a "Muted Audio" issue.  In a rare occurrence, during a phone call a user may experience no incoming or outgoing audio working.There is a Pending Maintenance Release(MR).Powercycling the phone will resolve the issue.  This issue will be fixed in an MR.

Hope this helps

Journeyman

Re: Love the Photon but....

Thats all well and good...   but when is this going to be pushed out?

Yes... power cycling does fix the issue...  for like a single call... but I am getting sick of power cycling my phone at LEAST 10 times a day.   {Edit}: Also... lol at "rare"  yeah.. no.  Its every. other. call. 

abe2020 wrote:

I checked Device Known Issue Tool and found that there a "Muted Audio" issue.  In a rare occurrence, during a phone call a user may experience no incoming or outgoing audio working.There is a Pending Maintenance Release(MR).Powercycling the phone will resolve the issue.  This issue will be fixed in an MR.

Hope this helps

Journeyman

Love the Photon but....

I removed the SIM card two days ago and haven't had the issue since.  I also read http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16817797&postcount=295 that some folks are already getting the maintenance release pushed to them.  I installed manually as per the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1202666 it does seem to be running more smoothly, and have not had the silent call incidence either.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat