cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS and data roaming problem

Journeyman

I cannot receive any MMS messages when I am roaming. I received a text with a picture attachment and I could not download the attachment because it came up with an error that said I had no data connectivity. The 3g data symbol was up and blue in color and worked because I was able to text via data roaming.I can send and receive calls and text messages while roaming, just could not get the MMS picture. I had everything checked correctly, data roam and call roam were both checked. The only way I could get it was to get to an area where I had sprint service to download. Is this a known problem? Where I work deep in the building I am usually roaming. Had no problems with my previous phone while roaming and getting MMS

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

if you go into your mobile network settings. under roaming. is your phone set to sprint only or automatic?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've tried automatic and any CDMA.

Master

This could be a problem with the service you are roaming on.  The particular carrier may choose not to provide some Internet service to  roaming devices.  We would need to know the area you are roaming in   As you can get picturemail on the Sprint network there is nothing wrong with your device

Journeyman

I've been having the same issue with this phone and I did with the evo 3D phone as well..  My evo 4G never had any issues of downloading pictures in roaming.  So i'm frustrated just as much as you.  Both phones have more band frequency than the Evo 4G so I'm confused.  Any help on this issue would be grateful.

Journeyman

I've also been having this issue for the last couple of days. I've tried updating my profile and prl and have tried both sprint only and cdma only configurations. Chatted with tech support and the put me through the motions only to tell me that it may be a service problem in my area and it should be resolved soon. That was two days ago and now my photon drops service completely and the only way to get it back is to reboot. I gave my old evo 4G to my sister and she hasn't had a single issue with her service. We live in the same house. 0_o

GrandMaster

have you tried removing the battery while the phone is still on. wait a few minutes. put it back in and re update your profile and prl?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes I have , I took it to a store yesterday to see if they could do anything with it. Concluded it was a defective model that needs to be replaced through warranty. But it sounds like service/software issue not harware.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat