cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOTOROLA PHOTON 4G Experience after 3 days of use

Journeyman

I received this phone in less than 24 hours after ordering it Thursday afternoon. When first taking it out of the box, I was amazed at the screen size in width and length which takes up most of the phone as opposed to the opposite. The Sprint Customer Care was great in assisting setting up the phone. When turning on the phone, the screen looked as if you could jump right in it with those vibrant colors. It is very quick on 3G, I unfortunately do not have 4G in my area, the closest is few hours away. The only problem I had with the phone was how the person on the other end sounds. They could hear me clearly and i them but there was an annoying  echo after their words similar to a high pitch sound. I took it back on Sunday and exchanged it and so far that problem has not occurred. But MAKE NOT MISTAKE ABOUT THIS, IT IS AN AWESOME PHONE, PROBABLY THE BEST PHONE SPRINT HAS EVER HAD!

I would like to hear any other experiences so far?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

My Photon kept shuting down for no reason and powering up misteriously. Cant find the Google Talk App noted in the specs (suppose to be built-in) for the video chat. In under 24 hours i got another brand new phone out of the box. I hope i dont have to go to 16 phones as i did with my Palm Treo (bet 9/2007 & 11/2009).

Motorola Photon Specs

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/ci.MOTOROLA-PHOT...

Journeyman

Re: MOTOROLA PHOTON 4G Experience after 3 days of use

I've had mine for three days now and it is CRAP!!! Keeps freezing up and re-starts ALL THE TIME!!! Not sure which is worse my EVO that I got rid of because it being crap or this new phone.... either way, I am headed back to the store today....AGAIN!!!

Journeyman

Re: MOTOROLA PHOTON 4G Experience after 3 days of use

The phone is nice but i seem to be missing memory  i am only seeing 8.7gb of free memory  and i have been experiencing issue with calls where it appears like i am talking in a box ( i can hear myself in the earpiece that i am hearing the other person from, its seems to vary with the volume of the phone as well of phone and i am not use a bluethtooth) hope a new phone resolves this issue.

Journeyman

After a a few weeks, I still love the phone. There is a hollow sound during a call or echo sometimes that I experieced on both Photons (the one I had before this and exchanged it) and in the 2.3 android there is not an option to default downloading apps from the network rather than wifi. If there is no wifi, any downloading app will status waiting for wifi. No on a coworkers phone that has 2.2 or 2.1 there is a section to enable or disable how the apps download via cellular network or wifi. Must be a issue with android and requires an update and the same with the echo or hollow sound, must need an update from motorola. But the call quality is great in general. Any comments?

Journeyman

Go to your settings, battery and data manager, data delivery then make sure data access over mobile network is checked. I can download apps just fine over 3G.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat