cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

We still don't have a permanent solution. The work around mentioned previously is still the best known solution. Please do not update your data profile after this, otherwise you need to start the whole process again.

Journeyman

hi, any news on this? i have seen the error multiple times, and i just corrected my data profile, even if temporarily, by following the steps.

Journeyman

update: just thought i'd report that i powered on my device this morning and still got the error. for clarity, the error is the 'VSNCP Error 5:P-GW Reject'. i have checked back in the settings and my data profile is still fixed to 'username@sprintpcs.com'. my MMS setting looks ok too, i can send and receive MMS just fine

Journeyman

The temporary fix I posted will only allow you to send and receive MMS messages. All the errors we are are getting to our Photon Q are problems that willl require Sprint/Motorola to fix.  But for now, you are able to send and receive MMS.  I do have to warn you, over time you will have to do the fix again.  For some strange reason Sprint gets in and resets your user profile name back to the faulty extension.  So don't get uoset when you can't send pictures in a couple months, just do the fix again.  🙂

Journeyman

ah ok, thanks for the info   funny thing is i never did have a problem sending/receiving MMS. my username in data profile was faulty tho... i have corrected it, until it switches back anyway. still seeing the error message, haven't received a lick of 4g lte, but not sure if that is related. guess i'll just wait for them to fix whatever it is... thanks!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello all, I just wanted to interject a reminder that Motorola is investigating, and so far this is planned to be fixed permanently in a software maintenance release. From my experience the temporary fix will hold until you attempt to update profile, or PRL. Updating your PRL, or profile will rarely be necessary (last PRL update was made available for this phone over 2 months ago). feel free to post any new observations, or questions. Thank you, Chris.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

i suffered from the VSNCP error too. Today, however, my phone briefly connected to a 4G tower in the Long Beach/Los Angeles area (Lakewood, for those of you who know the area). There was no error! I'll continue to report back if anything else noticeable happens. I know they've been actively replacing the towers in this area.

-Stephen

Journeyman

thanks guys, i guess we'll wait and see what happens. i suppose it isn't a big deal at all if we can still send and recieve MMS, and connect to 4G LTE.

Journeyman

just a little update: i woke up my phone a few minutes ago, and it was on 4G! it had no bars lol, and quickly went back to 3G, but it was my first 4G 'sighting'. i'm in West L.A., btw. also i don't know if this is for certain, but my 3G connection seemed a lot stronger today everywhere i went.

Journeyman

do you think it's stronger? or do you know it's stronger? that two different things....why don't you try downloanding the Speedtest.net App by Ookla to your phone and run it from time to time...this way it will give you a definite answer you can report to us with...

but thanks for the update.....over and out 🙂

Journeyman

well since you suggested it, i just tried the speedtest, and i didn't get any higher speed than usual(got 1054 down and 898 up). but what i meant was i have had full bars in my signal strength icon all day everywhere, whereas i have seen 2-3 a lot of the time since i got the device.

sorry if i've gotten off-topic. perhaps i shouldn't post this here.

Journeyman

thats okay, we're all here to help each other...heck, we all have the same phone.....I don't know about you, but I want my phone to be the best it can be.... then i can go back an tether it to my Ps3 console and be able to play online somewhere in the middle to Downtown LA, with a projector shooting an image about 36 feet wide and 24 feet high against a white building....which i did before when i had my Motorola Photon 4G....but it's been almost 6 months now...with the Photon Q and i'm still waiting like everyone else here for this 4G LTE to go public.....until then, we are all supporting each other here..and even thereafter....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat