cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

SOLVED
Master

Re: Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

Try making a phone call and then try sending a text message   Text messagaes do not use the data line but the voice side.

Journeyman

Making a phone call, I now get "Error number 16, Switch 162"

Journeyman

I stayed on the line after the Error 16 message, it had me enter my number, then transferred me to a sprint rep.  They asked me some verification info and then were able to fix my line so that calls went through again.

Journeyman

is anyone noticing decreased battery life since the update? i feel like my battery discharged quite a bit faster since i updated this morning. but i will let it settle in and see how it goes tomorrow. otherwise i haven't seen any difference, as everything worked for me before. haven't seen the registration errors today tho.

Journeyman

I too an having the issue where I can not send texts after the Motorola Photon Q Software update? The username is also correct (it only has one '.com' in it). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Journeyman

Are you unable to make calls as well? If so, try making a call, and let it connect you to support, and they resolve the issue and everything should work agai. I hope that helps, other than that, I'm not sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, it seems that these are definately two separate issues.  My username is fixed after the update, but I still continue to get the VSNCP Registration Response Error.  VSNCP Error 5Smiley Tongue-GW Reject.  I don't know why, but it randomly pops up.  So far it doesn't appear to affect anything and I can swipe it off the notifications bar to remove it.  Just wish I knew what it was.

Journeyman

Ah ok, dang. I haven't seen the error since the update, but will keep you posted if it does pop up again.

Wizard

Ryan79134, and harhoff21, do you generally have NFC enabled when you see error (VSNCP Error 5Smiley Tongue-GW Reject), or use Google Wallet.

Journeyman

I do have NFC enabled, but don't use Google Wallet since it doesn't work on this device yet.  (Still hoping it will eventually get support)