cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

For me it was neither, I used to see that error and have never once used NFC or Google Wallet, haha. But as I said, I haven't seen the registration error yet since the update.  

Highlighted
Wizard

If you see the error pop up again consider stooping/clearing data for Nfc Service in Settings > Apps > All, and let me know if the problem occurs again after this.

Journeyman

I did what you said last week and stopped NFC service, then cleared all the data.  I didn't get any errors for a week or so, but today it just popped up with a similar, but slightly different error:

VSNCP Registration Response Error

VSNCP Error 3:No P-GW Available

Haven't seen that particular one before, but it's still a VSNCP Registration Response Error...

-Ryan

Journeyman

I am getting the same error message after the update--error 5 and i have less battery life.  i did clear the NFC data and will see if error messages stop.  Any suggestions on battery life? 

Journeyman

i haven't seen a single registration error since the update, but i haven't come up with any fix for the battery life. it seems i used to average around 10 hours on a charge, now it seems to be 7-8, and that's not even with heavy use. i have no confidence in being able to get thru a long day, and i'm used to carrying a spare battery for past devices.

i used to use a Smart Action to set the processor speed to powersave mode when the screen was off, but the powersave seems to have been removed in the update! i have been using a screen-off profile with SetCpu, but it doesn't seem to be having much effect.

Journeyman

I got my first registration error since the update this morning. What a pain. Also, about the only way I'm getting 10 hours on a charge is if I don't use the phone at all. I use the phone the same way each day, but some days it lasts pretty well, while others the battery is gone in maybe 3 hours. Wifi keeps coming on, although I have it set to off because I don't need it. I have had some suggestions on how to figure this out, but haven't had time to really dig into yet. I did delete the updates to Google+ and that helped a little. There doesn't seem to be much logic to what is going on. But I sure do wish I had picked an iPhone this time, external keyboard aside.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.