cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

Go to solution
Journeyman

Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

Anyone have issues with the Motorola Photon Q 4G not being able to send or receive pictures through a text message?

55 REPLIES 55
Journeyman

Re: Motorola Photon Q 4G has a glitch....

Yes...3G isnt all that great in my area as well and i also get the constant dropping of 3G service where ever i go. For the most part the Motorola Photon Q is a great phone. Two things need to hapen to make this phone even better is the fact that us Q users need this update so we can get back to our so call productive life and second, we need 4G-LTE to go Live in our area.

Master

THERE IS AN MMS PROBLEM FIX!!!

Steps to follow:

1.  Open your dial pad and dial ##3282#

2.  Tap on Data Profile

3.  Review Username

The user name has an extra "___.com" on the end of it! When trying to edit this info-it asks for passcode (MSL code)! You have to call Sprint to get this number and they will also update your profile within their system!

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/471597#471597

Journeyman

okay, this should fix all those badass Motorola Photon Q 4G phones out there... i have to say, thank you to Levi4u for pointing me in the right direction...where Sprint, pointed me to everywhere else that wasn't even close to finding a solution to my phone...

Spent almost 3 hours on the phone with Sprint this time...being passed around from agent to agent...with just about nothing to go on...even when i explained to them "hey, my Username has an extra extension on it...would that be the cause of the problem? Can we editted out the extra extension to see what happens?" and they told me "No, that has nothing to do with what your phone is going through."... after this phone call, i just about had it with Sprint.

not like my phone was gonna help itself....so i did try out what Levi4u explained....with one extra info...the passcode....try 159265....it works for me... but be careful what your editing here...we only want to edit your username...and this is what you will take out, as explained....

[your username]@sprintpcs.comcs.com      <<<<<----this is what you have currently

[your username]@sprintpcs.com                 <<<<<----this is what you should have after you edit it

once all done, save everything...exit out.....power off your phone....wait a minute...power on your phone.....and text your phone out....it worked for me....my phone is receiveing and sending pictures thru text messages now...

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with customer support (who didn't know anything) who eventually put me through to tech support (much better!). He told me I had to do a Data Restore by dialing ##72786# and then putting in the MSL passcode that he gave me, and then choosing Yes/OK to refresh the phone. My phone restarted twice and then was fixed! (The first girl thought my passcode was the PIN associated with my sprint account, which was not correct.) I'm so glad this issue is over (after being on the phone for 37 minutes)! I highly suggest going directly to Tech Support if possible because he had heard of this problem before and knew how to fix it.

Journeyman

They also had me do a Data Restore with the ##72786# but then after doing so, the Data Profile Username was back to myname@sprintpcstpcs.com!  I had to again do the ##3282# to edit the username back to what it should be.  Something in the registration process is filling that field with bad data.  I was also receiving the following error, which I believe may be related:

VSNCP Registration Response Error
VSNCP Error 5Smiley Tongue-GE Reject

Journeyman

Ryan, are you still having issues or did you get it resolved in the end? -mark

Journeyman

Yeah, still a problem again with the VSNCP Error.  It was good for a few hours, then I left the house, went off wifi and it switched to 3G, I was checking a YouMail message from a missed call.  The error popped back up.  I rebooted, then the VSNCP error was gone, but it then tells me my SD card was damaged and needed reformatting.  I just have to put the SD card into my computer, access it, everything is still there, then put it back in the phone and it's all good again.  This time I actually let it reformat and I'm copying the files back.  Not sure if that issue's related too, but it seems to pop up at the same time.

Journeyman

Ok annoying it is still persisting, I can have a look at what is going as that error message usually means there is a registration error on our network. Can you send me your phone number by Private message?

*Mark

Journeyman

I got your private message Ryan, thank you for that. Do you get this error with texting or doing something else?

*Mark

Journeyman

Mark, not sure the trigger for this error.  Sometimes it occurs when the phone is just sitting on the charger not doing anything and the last time I got it, the events are noted 2 posts above this one.

Master

This issue is currently being investigated by Sprint and Motorola to identify the root cause. The workaround in the meantime is to manually change the username to the correct value the system has assigned it, as has been posted above in this thread. If the phone does a profile or network update, it will put incorrect data back into the username field and require being corrected again. They are currently hoping for the root cause to be identified and fixed in the next maintenance update for the phone, I do not have an ETA on this because they are still investigating.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat