Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Photon can Control an Ext. HDD

Journeyman

Motorola Photon can Control an Ext. HDD

Just in case you are wondering or may find this useful, a Motorola Photon, when plugged into an HD Dock, can control an external hard drive. I tested it out and my Photon had no trouble recognizing a 1.5T external USB drive plugged into the HD Dock. Very useful for those of use that want to transfer photos, videos, and other files to mass storage without going through a computer. Also, it's nice if you want to use your HD Dock and Photon to view Itunes movies and TV shows.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

What drive do you have? I have tried a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500GB formatted FAT32 without success.

Journeyman

I have a 1.5 Tera Byte Iomega. It is formatted as FAT32. Nothing special. It does use it's own power supply, though.  That might make the difference. As soon as I plugged it into the HD Dock a USB notification popped up letting me know an external drive was ready for use.

This is the drive:

http://www.aztekcomputers.com/34474-IOMEGA-349068.html

The price on that site is too high. I'm pretty sure I only paid like $120 off the shelf at Best Buy.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat