cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone keeps turning off & on!

Journeyman

My phone keeps turning off & on!

My phone has a mind of it's own today and just keeps turning off & on.  I have tried taking the battery out and leaving it out for a bit, but no luck.  Anything else I can do to fix it?  This is my business phone!  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My phone keeps turning off & on!

I am on my second Photon myself. After enduring the nightmare with the Galaxy S2 for what seemed like an eternity I was allowed to lateral over to the Photon. My first Photon would shut off by itself and reboot whenever I would open up a music app almost since the first day I received it. As time went by it got worse to the point where it would freeze up during the reboot process which meant I had to remove the battery to get it to work again. I took the thing in and was given a refurbished Photon, and to this day I am having the same problem with this one as I did with the first one. I try like heck to tolerate it as best as I can because I only have a few months left on my contract. Once my contract runs out I am signing up with Verizon and getting me an Iphone. I am done with these Android phones.

Wizard

sierra507,

Thank you for the post.  I’d like to see what I can do to help you troubleshoot this issue of your phone powering on and off.  Has the battery been holding a charge?  Do the metal terminals/prongs where the battery and the phone meet have any residue on them?  What kind of phone do you have and how long have you had it?  Let me know and I will go through some troubleshooting steps with you to see what we can do to get this issue resolved. 

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

Wizard

I’m sorry to hear about your Photon giving you issues.  Below are some steps that should help ease the problem for you.

After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.

1.Perform a soft reset.

A soft reset deletes any temporary files that may be causing the issue.

1. a.Press and hold the Power key to turn your Motorola PHOTONâ„¢ 4G off.
  2. b.Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
  3. c.Press the Power key to turn your Motorola PHOTON 4G back on.
  4. d.Test your phone to see if the issue is resolved.

2.Clear application cache.

Clearing application cache removes any unnecessary application files and frees up memory. You may not be able to clear the cache for every application.

*Rarely, an application may not function as expected afterward

*Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.

*If you clear the application data, you remove your personal settings and info such as login information and high scores.

*If you clear the application cache, you don't remove your personal settings or information.

3.Close applications that may be running in the background.

Some applications continue to run in the background after you exit that application.

Multiple applications running in the background can cause performance issues.

Close all background applications when you're not using them.

4.Verify if your Motorola PHOTON 4G is overloaded with widgets.

Most widgets such as weather or clock widgets on your home screens automatically update.

If you have too many widgets updating and gathering information at the same time, the device's operating system and available memory may not perform at its best.

You can remove some (but not all) widgets to help improve performance.

5.Uninstall recently installed applications.

If the performance issues began after you installed a particular application, try uninstalling it. See if the issue has resolved.

Some applications not supported by Sprint may freeze or slow your device's performance.

The download process may require you to accept a variety of permissions that allow the application to control or modify your operating system.

6.Check for software updates.  Be sure the device is running the most recent device software to optimize device performance.

7.Verify if low storage space is an issue on your Motorola PHOTON 4G.

Check to see if you have memory left on your phone.  Please respond back and let us know if you have low memory after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

The above steps should help to reduce the power cycling issues that your Photon has been experiencing.  Please let us know if they help or if we need to assist with any further troubleshooting.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social care

Michael C.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat