cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) coming to the Photon 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) coming to the Photon 4G

So I decided to engage Motorola to find out if the New Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is coming to the Photon 4G and they said no. I'm pretty dissapointed about this. Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 1.52.47 PM.png

93 REPLIES 93
Journeyman

What is the difference between the Motorola Atrix and Sprint Photon?  As best as I can tell it is the name.  When completing the information at Motorola for its user community -- software testers, Motorola seemed to use the two almost interchangeably.  I think Sprint is just trying to save a few cents by not testing or pushing out the download. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Considering my last update was many months ago and was no a good experience, I would venture to say Moto and Sprint HAVE given up on the photon. Best guess is we've seen the last update we're gonna see for this phone. It's a shame.

Highlighted
Journeyman

are you 4 getting the samsung galaxy nexus

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just went on there and registered, hopefully I will be one of the people. It was a bit of a process, but might be worth it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

That post has been updating itself almost every day for the last month or so due to some glitch in the forum software. There is no pre release testing emminent.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Found this on the XDA forums.  If you look at the lower right hand corner it says ICS coming soon.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1477408

Highlighted
Wizard

The CyanogemMod9 (ICS) for Photon is in alpha.

As soon as they have a stable build, I am rooting my phone unless we have an official ICS timeline for Photon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If it's important to you, make sure you understand what state 4G support is at before flashing a custom rom.

eric

Highlighted
Wizard

4G is not an issue for me. Never had it in my area but always 4G phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint told me in Oct. 2011 that we would be seeing 4G here in Nebraska, but nothing so far.  Now my new Photon is not going to get ICS.  May be a good time to jsut cancel my Sprint, that I have had for 13 years, and jsut go to Verizon that has 4G here and phones that get ICS.

Are YOU listening SPRINT....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nobody knows for a fact whether the Photon is getting ICS or not. I still think there it's a better than 50% chance that it will. JMO

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat