cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) coming to the Photon 4G

93 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: No Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) coming to the Photon 4G

Took some time but just won a small claims law suit against Motorola and Sprint for $2,400. If every one did this maybe they'd take some notice and we'd not get screwed by the big guys.  Cost me $35.  Not a bad ROI.

Journeyman

its sprint cheap cheap cheap

Journeyman

i got email and yes they are not upgrading photon sprint and motorola are offering 100$ rebate sprint and motorola blow

Journeyman

Ridiculous. Firstly, Sprint didn't advertise any ICS upgrade schedule, Moto did. Secondly, the hardware is fully capable of running ICS and JB. Motorola stated that they didn't have the resources (personnel) to bring ICS to the Photon. Finally, the hardware is NOT faulty, and and works just as it should. The only thing that I think that Motorola/Sprint should do would be to allow us to unlock the bootloader so that we could put ICS/JB on it ourselves without breaking 4G.

Wizard

Folks, the phone is ICS and JB capable.

I just moved to CM10 Jelly Bean a week ago because development of ICS stalled and the phone is running smooth.

It's now my day to day ROM.

Motorola was just too lazy....

Journeyman

I agree.  Sprint advertised this phone that it would be recieving the latest version of Android (Q3 2012) and was a deciding factor in my purchase.  Now, the manufacturer is saying there is something wrong with the hardware that won't allow it to run this advertised upgrade?  Sprint should step up and reset my upgrade clock and force Moto to recall what is self admittedly (by Moto) faulty hardware, since it cannot function as advertised. 

Journeyman

Sprint should at least allow us to upgrade our phones earlier by adding another 2 years on our current contract. I will never buy another motorola product again.

Journeyman

I agree with M_Marcus that this was Google's call, as they apparently bit off more than they could chew after purchasing Motorola Mobility and laying off so many people.

I could maybe see discontinuing the WebTop and Lapdock as a condition to get ICS or JB on our devices, but not in addition to....

Wizard

Thank you for the link.

It seems to me this is Google's call. They bought Motorola and now shutting down things right and left.

First, no upgrade for us (Atrix 4G, Photon 4G, Electrify)

Second, no more WebTop and lapdock.

#MotoFail #GoogleFail

Journeyman

Good and bad news everyone!  We received a response from Motorola covered on CNET [here] but you won't like everything you read.

I posted a follow-up question that is waiting for Sprint reps to respond in the following thread: "Motorola responds to user outrage, so is Sprint going to give us permission to receive unlock boot loaders from Motorola?" - http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/484658#484658