cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text notifications on Photon

Highlighted
Journeyman

No text notifications on Photon

I bought this phone back in February this year, so I have had for about 5 months, and it has been working fine until about a week ago. This problem is only a minor annoyance, however it interferes with my work. The problem is this: I do not get any sort of notification when I get text messages. No icon in the status bar, no vibration, no ringtone. I have checked all the settings, and even went as far as having an employee at a third party sprint dealer look at the settings to make sure they are correct. They are.

I noticed that a lot of people are saying that they don't receive text messages on time, I want to reiterate that this is not the issue. I get the messages when I am supposed to. We spent the better half of the night sending texts to my phone to see if it would notify me and I received all of them, without any notification of such. The only way I knew I got them was when going into my messages.

Has anyone else had this issue? Were you able to fix it and how?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think I have the same problem as you, but what I have noticed is that I do not receive notifications of messages when I don't back out of the conversation.  So, if I send a message, turn the screen off, then put the phone back in my pocket, I won't receive a notification for a new message from the person I just messaged.  However, if I back out of the conversation (even just to the text message application where all of my conversations are listed), turn the screen off, then put the phone back in my pocket, I will receive a notification for any text messages I receive, including the person I just messaged.

I was one of the testers for the latest software update, which I believe fixed the issue where text messages stopped being delivered to the Photon without a reboot.  When I gave my feedback, I mentioned this "bug" and suggested it be resolved in the next software update.  Honestly, it's one of the only flaws I've found with the device.

I hope this helps.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat