ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages on time

Journeyman

I've been following this thread for a while, and I'm happy to say I haven't had the problems many of you have, until today.

I activated a Bluetooth headset and the phone freaked out.  Bluetooth let me hear voice commands, but calls stopped coming in, I couldn't call out, and I got four text messages after I turned off the Bluetooth on the phone and did a battery pull to clean up the mess.  Now, everything is working just fine.

I don't use Bluetooth that often, but I wonder if there's something that happens to the phone when Bluetooth is enabled, whether you're actually talking via Bluetooth or not.

Do the folks having the problems have Bluetooth enabled?  For what it's worth, I have 4G, Wi-Fi, GPS and had no problems.  The issue came and went when I turned on Bluetooth-that was the only thing I had set differently.

Journeyman

I have never used bluetooth or even have it enabled.  So no that wasn't the cause for me.

Journeyman

I dont think that this is the fault of the phone, but rather the network.  I had similar problems on my Epic, text massages would arrive the next day.

Journeyman

@davedp7

Do you use an Airave in your house?

Journeyman

Re: Not receiving text messages on time

i have been having same issue with my phone .. i have 2 of the phones photon and they both are not giving messages and getting them on time every time i call sprint they have me take out battery and reset it then start it up again then do other things too and then it works for a few then nada... again what is wrong with my phones.

Journeyman

still not reciving them on time or emails my daughter i sent a text at 930 last night she didn't get it till 245 on her way home from school this stinks we have the same phone too

Journeyman

My Photon has the same issue.  It will just top receiving text messages until I power down and power up.  I do not have Airave.  It is very frustrating!!  Embarassing also when I ask my friends why they haven't responded to my texts!  I just installed the Android App "Fast Reboot Pro" to see if doing a fast reboot accomplishes the same thing as a power cycle.  If this doesn't work, I may just go to Verizon.

Wizard

Asaturno, I can help you with this. But first I need some more information from you and will be sending you a PM requesting this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues.  The are sporadic but I'm having the problem both ways...txts i send are delayed and txt I receive are delayed.

my phone(Photon) just received 9 txt's that were sent from the same person(on Verizon) in the last 3 days...rather embarrasing and makes me crazy mad...Sprint you are messing around with my social life and that is not cool!

I don't have an airave.

the other kicker is my sprint # is also a google voice #.  the google voice app/website just got the 9 txts too, so to me this doesn't seem phone related but network related.

The 9 txts just appeared...I did not reboot nor did I remove the battery...they just showed up. 

So I powered down...removed batter...powered up...updated PRL...updated Profile...no new texts

it is Saturday night, 7:30pm.

i sent a txt to myself at 7:26...it has not come back to me yet.

Wizard

Hello CRUTTER1. I got your PM. I work m-f 9-5 est so I didn't get it until this morning. I am sending you a reply now.

Journeyman

Has ANYONE been able to figure out what the problem is with their Motorola?  I have been dealing with this since November and now I cant make calls or receive them.  I don't know what the issue is but I have been with Sprint for 15 years and I have had it.  Employees say they are going to call me and they dont.  (Granted, maybe they cant get through) The only fix is for me to buy another phone.  Why should I buy a new phone with this one has only worked for 3 months.  I hope we can get the money together soon so we can move to a new provider.

Journeyman

My phone problems went away for the meanwhile when I resorted to doing a completely reset and wipe of my phone.  The phone is very finicky with what apps you install on it but after owning a few other smartphones of different make/models, I would say these gadgets in general are not the most reliable.  Your only other option would be buy another phone but the good news is that cowboom com (a best buy site) sells a number of used and refurbed phones for much cheaper than anywhere else without need for a contract.  Make sure the condition is a level "6" or above.  Don't waste money on a new phone-- especially since LTE is being rolled out.  A good bet is the Galaxy S for $79 if it's still available.  Sprint's got the best rates and I also have an AT&T account and would actually say Sprint gives me better service but everyone's experience varies....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat