cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages on time

Journeyman

Ever since I got the Photon about 2-3 weeks ago, I haven't been getting ANY text messages within a decent amount of time. My friends have said that I've replied to their texts about 3 days late sometimes. Which means that I'm receiving said texts about 3 days late. What could be wrong? Any suggestions?

101 REPLIES
Wizard

C.Guile,

I would suggest pulling the battery, then putting it back in and performing a profile update by going to menu > settings > system updates/about phone > update profile. Test it out by sending yourself a text message from yourself to yourself, if you receive it right away, that would normally indicate our messaging system is working fine and it may be on the other end. However if you don't receive it right away, it could mean we may need to further troubleshoot on our end with the network. I will send you a private message to gather some more information.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue.  Sprint so far doesn't seem to know what is going on.  Shane your response works on occasion but why would I need to keep doing this on a regular basis?  Any idea if this is a phone issue or a network issue?

Just curious...this is the third time in 2 weeks that I have had this issue...love Sprint but now not as much.

Journeyman

Re: Not receiving text messages on time

Unfortunately this is not an isolated problem. I have been experiencing this regularly every couple days [at best] for over a month now. The best 'solution' so far has involved nothing more than a battery pull and reboot. Updating PRL and Profile have made no difference.

Data (EvDO and WiMax) work fine, but the 1x network or the phone itself has problems, because often I do not get calls on the first attempt and texts don't come through until the aforementioned battery pull process is completed.

Journeyman

I just power cycled my phone and received 39 texts that were sent 3-9 hours ago.  Plus several  people said they called my phone and it went straight to voicemail.    It's like the phone fell asleep and wasn't connected to the network for  hours until I power cycled the phone.  In addition many of the delayed  texts came in out of order.  This is the second time this has happened  and I am beginning to think it's either a Photon bug that pops up  occassionally or that my phone might be defective.  I don't think it's a  network issue as nobody else that I know in this area had this problem  with other phones. 

GrandMaster

do you happen to have voice to text activated on your phone? i have seen that cause alot of issues here and there.  ditto with calls messages. same culprit usually. it will get stuck in there and not get released until you either reboot your phone with the battery pull or sometimes just a simple restart of your phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't have voice to text enabled.  Never used it.

Journeyman

I just noticed that I am having the same issue. I had my friend text me just the see whether or not I would receive his message, I did, and not 2min later did I receive all the responses to my text messages that I had sent out last night. Just to see if I would receive any other messages I pulled out the battery waited 30sec, turned the phone back on, and update the PRL and Profile. I have not received any new text messages. Oh and I texted myself and I did receive the message within seconds.

The weird part about it is that when I finaly received the text messages the timestamp on each one was for this morning. It was not stamped with last nights date and time.

Is there a cure for this yet? I have only had this phone for a couple of days and I am happy with it except for this messaging nonsense. I cannot have this happen again, I missed a meeting thinking that it had been canceled because I did not receive a text message response.

Journeyman

This has been an ongoing issue for me too.  Happened again this past Sunday and Monday.  Do you use an Airave/Airvana device by any chance?  I have a thread on it over on Motorola's forum too so please post your story there as well:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/62813?tstart=15

Journeyman

Having this same issue here in Tampa with my new Photon as well. This is a HUGE problem for me as my son is in the Marines and this is how we keep in touch. Sometimes the texts will come through fine. Then spotty, they all of a sudden a huge wave of texts will come pouring in some days old. Have updated, rebooted, had them reset me in sprints system, same story.

This is sad, just sad. I used to have excellent service with sprint, so much in fact that I moved all my family and friends over.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.