cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving off network texts on Motorola Photon 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not recieving off network texts on Motorola Photon 4G

I recently purchased a sprint plan and got the Motorola Photon 4G, ported my number from cricket, and I do not recieve text messages from other networks. Considering that nearly all of my contacts are not sprint customers and that texting is my usual form of communication, this is a big issue. I've taken my phone to a local repair enabled store and they told me nothing is wrong with the phone, they would make a ticket to get my service reset to try and fix the issue. I noticed the service dropoffs throughout the next couple of days and it fixed nothing, its now a week from my visit to the store. I was wondering if something may have happened when the number got ported to cause this, or if there is any known fix to this situation.

Perhaps it is an issue similar to this boost mobile port: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/396574#396574

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Not recieving off network texts on Motorola Photon 4G

Lyson, please reply to my private message. We may have to create a network ticket if this hasn't already been done. Usually this is a routing issue after a port in.

Journeyman

My wife's Photon is having the same issue. Just got the phone a few weeks ago. Was working properly, now...delayed or not received texts at phone calls. techsavvy101: if a network ticket is the right approach, can you advise? Thanks!

MTruittIL, sure...if the phone is not receiving texts and phone calls that may be a different issue. Is this everywhere or just in one location? Do you know if the phone goes into roaming? Please post your zip code so that I can check for any network issues.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat