Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ringing, calls going straight to voicemail, store & tech support wont address

Journeyman

Phone not ringing, calls going straight to voicemail, store & tech support wont address

This problem is getting extremely serious. I need my phone to ring. This is the 2nd Photon ive had, the store replaced it because the buttons fell off and the I am missing calls left and right. The update today 10-14 will not complete. Keep getting update failed... Dont know if that would fix this prob anyway.  This has happened dozens and dozens of times ..i will get a text from someone telling me the phone is going to voicemail, and it is sitting next to me, full bars... we test dialed it the other nite after I got another complaint, they called 6x in a row.. it went to voicemail.. The only fix is to reboot. I need to come out of this phone if this cant be fixed.  Also, another WEIRD prob... sometimes, the phone will ring...BUT, there is no indication that a call is coming in, other than the ringing.  I can navigate all around the phone will its ringing.. and cant answer it because it doesnt recognize the call.  After it stops ringing,,, it shows MISSED CALL.. Please , someone please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Yeah I have heard of a few other similar complaints and it's happened to me too.  The calls get sent straight to voicemail even though the phone is powered on and has great signal.  I decided to disable 4G and wifi about a week ago and since then I don't think I have missed any more calls.  I also set the phone to be in full 'performance mode', thinking that maybe the 'nighttime saver' mode was causing the phone not to wake up to find the incoming calls.  Could just be a coincidence or maybe not.

Journeyman

Forgot to ask.  Are you by any chance using an Airave device for signal enhancement at your house?

Journeyman

No,.no special devices..this problem happens everwhere..home, car, office..signal strength fine..phone settings unmodified except background data off usually...no  rhyme our reason..peopl know to text me now and I will pull the battery our just call them

Journeyman

I'm going out on a limb here, but is your Sprint # integrated with Google Voice? If so go to the GV website, and disable Sprint integration. Wait 15-30 minutes and re-integrate. I only ask because I have the same issue reoccur every few weeks.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/321849

Journeyman

Not sure about the original poster but I don't have google voice so that wouldn't be my issue.

Journeyman

no, no google voice.  the only way to fix it when it occurs is to do a battery pull...

Journeyman

Had a same/similar issue this weekend. Phone on with great service but calls initially just ringing 'busy' for the caller. Laster they were going straight to voicemail without ringing. Assumed it must have been a Sprint Network issue - but now not sure...

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat