cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon 4G - turns off

32 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Photon 4G - turns off

I love this phone except for two things.  It overheats sometimes, even when all the apps have been shut down and it is not being used.  As long as this is kept in a cool place (NOT A FRIDGE), it works itself out.  But the thing that really irritates me is how most calls out make the phone reboot. Whether or not the 4G is active, the apps are on, or any other variable I've read so far, the phone still reboots when it feels like it. This seems, though coincidental, to always happen during my important calls.  It is problem enough that even though I enjoy my phone, I would not recommend it to anyone.

Wizard

Photon 4G - turns off

This issue was actually corrected in a previous maintenance release. I would ensure that you're running the latest version of the software, if you are we may need to perform some additional troubleshooting.

Also please change your username, it's never a good idea to post any personal information on the forums. There's a great blog posted with steps on how to change your display name here.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/customer-service/sprintdotcom-support/bl...

Wizard

Photon 4G - turns off

Is it happening when using a specific application?

FYI: it's not a good idea to use your e-mail as user name.

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

I heard that!!! My phone reboots and freezes 7 times a day this is my 5th photon since August.......I MISS MY EVO!!!!......I think Im just gonna try a different company all together im sick of sprint

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

I just got the phone in December & the SOD happened 3 times randomly in different times & places.  I agree that it's sad to have to put a duct tape on a $600 phone.  I believe this is a serious matter.  If the phone shut down in an emergency situation, it can be the matter of life and death.  I hope it won't happen to anyone.  But it will be a big law suit against Sprint & Motorola. 

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

I agree with Frankump,  don't hold your breadth.  I didn't switch services, maybe I should have.  But I traded my Photon in for the Epic 4G Touch.  Epic 4c Touch has been flawless.  Did I mention flawless and fast.

Good luck, Photon would have been a great phone, if it was not for this issue.

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

Good luck with getting a fix Photon owners - but don't hold your breadth. Sprint will tell you they are monitoring the situation, but don't expect them to get back to you with a response. Take it from an unfortunate Optimus owner who after 4 months of apathy from both Sprint and LG was willing to upgrade. And I was going to go high-end, Epic Touch or Photon. Now I'm looking to change service providers. There is no advantage to an unlimited plan if the plan is limited by inability to use the phone.

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

Motorola and Sprint have no reason and show no responsibility to resolve these problems having so many people doing it for them.  It is just a way for them save on R&D costs.  Crapy manufacturer, crapy carrier and unfinished product.  I have one of my employees find the (a) solution for this sleep of death.  If it is still not going to work, I will return both phones (bought 2 -- have 2 lines) and return to my BBerries.  Less flashy, but surely working excellently.  Also, Sprint and Motorola have no respect for our time and money spent to resolve teir problem.  I plan to send a bill to Sprint for the time my employee spent working on it.

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

This phone is a piece of shit. I had the samsung moment adn I thoguht that phone had issues. I swore I would NEVER by a samsung phone again. So I got the photon. What a kick in the balls that move was. Great phone if you constantly watch it to make sure it has not turned it's self off. A phone is JUNK if you can't recieve calls ot texts. Once again Sprint sit's on their ass while we suffer.

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

It's Sept 26th, 2011 and still no word from Sprint or Motorola as to what the fix is for phones that have the "Sleep of Death" and "Random Reboots". Even the forum moderators have stopped trying to help (except for suggesting to exchange the phones). Motorola is dropping the ball.

Almost 2 months after this phone's release, the manufacture and the carrier (Motorola & Sprint) are dragging their feet and seemingly do not want to spend any additional resources fixing an obvious design flaw in their hardware/software.

I don't know about you, but I refuse to allow a company to cheat me out of $500 for a lemon like the Sprint Motorola Photon 4g. If you have this lemon, if it won't wake up (without a battery pull), or if it reboots incessantly with a hot battery, then you need to get angry and return it for something else.

If you were like me and paid cash online for one, you need to keep sending it in to Motorola until they either fix it or replace it. Do not let these unethical, greedy B_ _ _ _ _ _ D's play the odds game with your money.

If they know there's a problem with a bad batch or bad software, then they need to man-up and pay the price.