cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon 4G - turns off

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

I just got my phone about 8 hours ago, and it has turned off & rebooted itself 4 times while trying to add my optonline email acoount, trying to add the Motorola Messages widget to home screen & gmail widget. It turned off also while just browsing the phone.

Anyone has gotten the same luck.

UPDATE:      The phone has also issues with the GPS & Airvana device. While at home my GPS (TelNav & Google Maps) dont work properly and tells me i'm somewhere in CT while i'm in NY.

Also the Wifi misterously turns on after i shut it down.

UPDATE:

1st Phone lasted less 24 hrs.

2nd Phone lasted 7-days ( i was lazy to go back to Sprint Store) - other issue.

3rd phone only 2-days.

THANKS SPRINT/MOTOROLA: i should have gone thru 10+ photons before my 30-days are up.

32 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Photon 4G - turns off

I haven't seen any reports of such. Could it be an app that's running in the background? Have you installed any task killers, launchers or anti-virus? If not, I would definitely try a factory data reset. This can be done in the Privacy Settings. Be aware that it will delete all device memory, such as contacts, and restores all settings to default.

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

No i havent added any task killer (phone brings App call Task Manger) or Apps. The GPS funtion under TelNav is now saying: GPS not available. I'm in Bronx and it picks up my location as Thomaston CT. My old crappy Hero begings to look better.

Wizard

Photon 4G - turns off

I would definitely try the factory reset considering the various odd software issues you're having.

Wizard

Photon 4G - turns off

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

Just to Update everyone, i walked into a Sprint store and they were happy to exchange my new Photon for another NEW PHOTON. I will begin set up as soon as the battery charges. Keep you all posted.

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

Mine has been doing this as well, seemingly related to 3G service toggling/acquisition. I'm taking a friends advice and doing a factory reset tonight. We'll see if that help at all.

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

Mine just goes dark....once I plug in chord it shows "charging."  So, one wonders whether the battery indicator is right...or if the battery is being quickly drained?

I will pay attention to this today...but maybe I will have to take it to sprint???

DC

Wizard

Photon 4G - turns off

DAVID2102549 wrote:

Mine just goes dark....once I plug in chord it shows "charging."  So, one wonders whether the battery indicator is right...or if the battery is being quickly drained?

I will pay attention to this today...but maybe I will have to take it to sprint???

DC

For more accurate battery indicator you may want to try the free circle battery app from the market

https://market.android.com/details?id=ch.blinkenlights.battery

Journeyman

Photon 4G - turns off

This is bullshit....we shouldn't HAVE TO keep doing a factory reset everytime the crappy phone freezes up. If this is the case, then we would be factory reseting EVERYDAY! I did not buy this phone and get rid of my EVO to keep going through this crap of my phone freezing up and shutting down all the time!!!!