Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon Full ActiveSync ?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Photon Full ActiveSync ?

One of the key features that the Photon boasted was FULL Microsoft Activesync capability, meaning that when you sync with Outlook - whether personal or corporate Exchange - it would sync ALL elements of your Outlook content: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes. I'm still on a legacy WM6.5 TouchPro 2 mainly because no Android cell has yet had the full-sync capability which is VERY important to me since I have so much information in the Tasks and Notes areas. I've read all the tech-blog reviews for the Photon and none discuss this. Can someone please confirm for me via your own experience that the Photon does in fact do full Outlook sync ? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, Sprint has since confirmed that the Photon does not have full Outlook sync capabilities. Guess I'm in for a tedious migration of Tasks and Notes to some other Android app and all my Outlook Contacts to GMail, ugh.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

I just set up an exchange activesync account on the device and unfortunately it does not sync notes or memos. 

Highlighted
Wizard

ActiveSync thechnology is owned by Microsoft and you will get the best performance on Windows phones.

Most of the Photon users are using Gmail plus Yahoo and/or Hotmail/MSN/Live ... and it works fine.

If activesync is very important for you, get and windows phone or HTC android phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your time MM, but your response doesn't move the ball forward, you're just stating the obvious and not answering the request. Though MS "owns" activesync it's licensed to enterprises worldwide so many, many others have full sync'ing with Outlook so it's entirely plausible that Moto licensed it for the Photon and it sounds like they did but in practice we're not seeing that apparently. And I don't appreciate being told to get a half-baked Windows Phone either, that's advice no one needs, and I'm not even sure of the relevance of suggesting an HTC Android phone since they can't do full sync either. You and others would do good to directly answer the request I made which is to tell me your experience in whether the Photon does full activesync or not, just like robotaholic did.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, Sprint has since confirmed that the Photon does not have full Outlook sync capabilities. Guess I'm in for a tedious migration of Tasks and Notes to some other Android app and all my Outlook Contacts to GMail, ugh.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat