ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep of Death - Random Reboot - Still No Response from Sprint/Moto

Journeyman

Its Sept 20th,and still no solution to this problem.Where are you Sprint/Moto?

Journeyman

it sounds like the loose battery fix that people are talking about.

http://phandroid.com/2011/09/07/potential-fix-found-for-motorola-photon-4g-sleep-of-death-issue-foru...

would like to know if this works for you.

Journeyman

I did try this trick with a piece of paper wedging the batteryinto place. Didnt work for me.

Still no response from Sprint or Motorola. I;m getting that feeling that they will not do anything about this problem and will soon allow the Photon to fade away.

I've been looking for a good reason to pay the ETF on 3 phones and move to Verizon, and this might be the proverbial straw...

Journeyman

Have you received any word on the SOD and randowm reboot fixes yet? It's been more than a few days and I would expect this to be a higher priorty for Motorola/Sprint.

Journeyman

It's Sept 26th, 2011 and still no word from Sprint or Motorola as to what the fix is for phones that have the "Sleep of Death" and "Random Reboots". Even the forum moderators have stopped trying to help (except for suggesting to exchange the phones). Motorola is dropping the ball.

Almost 2 months after this phone's release, the manufacture and the carrier (Motorola & Sprint) are dragging their feet and seemingly do not want to spend any additional resources fixing an obvious design flaw in their hardware/software.

I don't know about you, but I refuse to allow a company to cheat me out of $500 for a lemon like the Sprint Motorola Photon 4g. If you have this lemon, if it won't wake up (without a battery pull), or if it reboots incessantly with a hot battery, then you need to get angry and return it for something else.

If you were like me and paid cash online for one, you need to keep sending it in to Motorola until they either fix it or replace it. Do not let these unethical, greedy "you know what's" play the odds game with your money.

If they know there's a problem with a bad batch or bad software, then they need to man-up and pay the price.

Journeyman

I got my Photon about 3 weeks ago. The first week it was great, then the "sleep of death" AND the random reboots started. Today it's actually worse than ever. I've been following the posts here hoping to hear something from Sprint about what they intend to do about the SOD issue and so far...nothing!!! Since my phone is acting up worse than ever right now I am making some calls today to Sprint to see what they will do for me. I am a travel nurse presently working in Maine and there are NO Sprint stores within 100 miles from here, otherwise thats where I'd go. I was so excited about my new phone and it has become nothing but a pain-in-the-you-know-what!!!!

SPRINT???????????

Wizard

I'm still monitoring this issue, as soon as we receive more information I will update you.

Journeyman

Re: Sleep of Death - Random Reboot - Still No Response from Sprint/Moto

Just wanted to update you all. I've had my MoPho back from Moto repair dept in Texas (aka Reynosa, Mexico) and after 36 hours, so far no issues. Keep an eye out on the "Sleep of Death" thread in the Motorola Photon Forums (on the Motorola website, not here) as I'll be checking in every few days to let you know if it starts doing the SOD and Random reboot issue. What they "fixed" was the LCD, according to the work-order copy, they recieved a classification code of 711 (phone shuts down) and a long letter from me (included with the phone) stating that my phone had the SOD and random reboot issue, and where the battery would get hot also.

Let's see if they were correct in repairing the LCD or if I got flamboozelled I'm putting my two hands together for a moment of prayer...

But it's now been three weeks since we've asked Moto (via this forum) and I feel ignored. I know the moderators are passing the info, but why can't Moto just say "Send it to us we know what's wrong (most likely that is) and we'll fix it".

Journeyman

You keep monitoring this issues with this piece of shit phone. I am sure that is a full time job. What a mistake it was getting this piece of shit phone.

Journeyman

US Cellular has re-released the Photon as the Electrify does anyone know if there having the same problems or not.

Journeyman

I just bought a new one few days ago and  felt the SOD  immediately. So I went to the Sprint store after 2 days and got it  replaced. However, the new one still gave me the SOD. So when I returned  to the store to replace the Mo Pho  with a different model, they refused to exchange it since they have a  policy of only replacing units one time and you will be charged a $35  restocking fee. I was arguing that it was also a defective unit and it's  not even passed the 14 day exchange period. Is this an actual policy?   The manager did acknowledge that these phones are defective!  But says Moto  will send out an update next month, probably. Most of us cant afford to  have our phones turning off on us in the middle of the day, especially  if we depend on it for out jobs! This is the biggest headache I ever  had. I just want a working regular phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sunny did bringing it to a service center actually helped? How's the Mo Pho so far since it was serviced?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat